Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Removes *A Partner Award Chart (appears initial 10% bump starting 1 July 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Removes *A Partner Award Chart (appears initial 10% bump starting 1 July 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Award charts are now totally gone from UA's website. No advance notice given.

Old partner award chart url https://www.united.com/web/en-us/app...el.aspx?POS=US (which I just so happened to access yesterday so was in my browser history) is now redirecting to https://www.united.com/en/us/upgrade-awards

So all dynamic pricing for partners moving forward.

Source: https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...r-award-chart/
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:02 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Why would ANY one spend more than 1$ on a UA credit card?
Only things you get are free bags with some cards or free lounge with a Club card - Forget status of no value
The value of a mile is not known - likely to be below 1c; The cost of a mile is 2c minimum lost cash
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
wow, first the cap on partner PQP and now this. If I add this to some of the barely legal refund issues we are seeing and other recent behavior ... got to wonder if UA has thought this through. Such major disruptions and crisis can be perfect times to re-think loyalty. Slapping customers in the face on a daily basis is one way of doing it ...
lsquare, supervillian and Xerinax like this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cfischer
wow, first the cap on partner PQP and now this. If I add this to some of the barely legal refund issues we are seeing and other recent behavior ... got to wonder if UA has thought this through. Such major disruptions and crisis can be perfect times to re-think loyalty. Slapping customers in the face on a daily basis is one way of doing it ...
They probably figured no one is booking / flying these days anyways, so might as well squeeze in all these changes. And by the time people are going to be booking and traveling again (months / years??) they won't remember / be as mad about this then.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I just don't see why this a big deal - nobody is traveling - and at the end of the day, when you purchase a ticket for cash, that has always been dynamic - I'd like to think consumers are smart enough - especially on FT, if the amount of miles needed are a good deal - ok deal - or not a good deal at all.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I just don't see why this a big deal - nobody is traveling - and at the end of the day, when you purchase a ticket for cash, that has always been dynamic - I'd like to think consumers are smart enough - especially on FT, if the amount of miles needed are a good deal - ok deal - or not a good deal at all.
not the way you build loyalty. The way to build free agents ... goes both ways.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ffI
Only things you get are free bags with some cards or free lounge with a Club card - Forget status of no value
The value of a mile is not known - likely to be below 1c; .
Chase still provides 1cpm rebate on UA flights for credit card miles that does present create a minimum value.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Its not surprising at all that UA is making these moves. Its all part of a plan to generate -and keep to themselves- as much cash as they can once flying starts back up in earnest.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
I not surprised that next step is that you pay (do not earn) United miles when you fly. How low is low?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ffI
The value of a mile is not known - likely to be below 1c; The cost of a mile is 2c minimum lost cash
Never thought it was a good deal. I never understood how they became so popular
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:12 pm

*A was the major point of difference vs DL and AA. It’s like UA wants nothing to do with *A... So let’s recap: UA has the best US hubs. Any other meaningful point of POSITIVE difference vs DL/AA? UA has shot itself in the foot with its arrogance.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
*A was the major point of difference vs DL and AA. It’s like UA wants nothing to do with *A... So let’s recap: UA has the best US hubs. Any other meaningful point of POSITIVE difference vs DL/AA? UA has shot itself in the foot with its arrogance.
UA has Free DirectV!*

*On only half of their narrowbody fleet and it’s a total crap shoot what you’re going to get.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Chase still provides 1cpm rebate on UA flights for credit card miles that does present create a minimum value.
Exactly why CFU+CSR is the best strategy.
Earn 1.5cpd, redeem at 1.5cpp (while earning flight miles) or transfer to UA on as needed basis.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Great
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold
got 200k miles. I guess time to burn!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.