Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Removes *A Partner Award Chart (appears initial 10% bump starting 1 July 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Removes *A Partner Award Chart (appears initial 10% bump starting 1 July 2020)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Amex Platinum
Good luck susiesan !

I did notice that there were still prices for 80k from Africa to NA if you flew Aer Lingus transatlantic. But maybe that has to do with the fare class that EI's business class books into (i.e. U)?
Old May 4, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
ahh makes sense now just stumbled across this was wondering why my 70K / direction seat is now 77K, just brutal I should have booked a few weeks ago

I am joining the camp now of burning miles as soon as you have enough for an award, no point saving them for a big trip or something anymore....
Old May 4, 2020, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Got ANOTHER email from United today begging me to buy miles. Right!!
LOL! UA miles are going down the drain the same way that Zimbabwe's dollar went.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Got ANOTHER email from United today begging me to buy miles. Right!!
If they sell them for 1 cent apiece like Aeroplan did. Maybe.
Old May 10, 2020, 5:38 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
If you are going from point A to C and UA operates only the flight from A to B and then a partner airline, code share etc, must complete the trip to C, why should the miles for a award travel go up. If UA does not operate to the final destination why should the passenger be "penalized" with paying more in miles?
Old May 10, 2020, 5:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sfo
If you are going from point A to C and UA operates only the flight from A to B and then a partner airline, code share etc, must complete the trip to C, why should the miles for a award travel go up. If UA does not operate to the final destination why should the passenger be "penalized" with paying more in miles?
Originally UA did not increase the mileage (if all in same cabin) if the partner segment is entirely in one region, but if partner flight is crossing multi-regions the partner rate is used (the theory being the partner portion is a more significant portion of the overall trip). With dynamic pricing, this may get a bit fuzzier.
With dynamic pricing, there are no longer fixed mileage charts. So there is no UA rate to an unserved destination.
It has long been UA's policy to price partner flights higher mileage than UA operated flights, especially for premium cabins.
jsloan likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 7:14 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
What I was looking at was YVR SFO FRA on UA economy and then to get to HAM I have to fly LH, in economy. As soon as I book it that way 3000 miles was added to the 30,000. Decided to book only to FRA and take the train from there.
Old May 10, 2020, 7:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sfo
What I was looking at was YVR SFO FRA on UA economy and then to get to HAM I have to fly LH, in economy. As soon as I book it that way 3000 miles was added to the 30,000. Decided to book only to FRA and take the train from there.
That's likely dynamic pricing. Zone pricing no longer exist.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
With dynamic pricing, there are no longer fixed mileage charts. So there is no UA rate to an unserved destination.
It has long been UA's policy to price partner flights higher mileage than UA operated flights, especially for premium cabins.
That only applied it UA also operated a route that the partner did. In my case, ORD-ADD-WDH is not operated by UA also, only by ET, so the cost of miles should have stayed the same, but it didn't. It went up 10%. UA operates MCI-ORD only which represents 10% of the total miles being flown.
Old May 14, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: RVT 1K
I am trying to book a US to Asia in J for later this year and the search function says some days have a 90k fare but then the options are all only 99k miles. Is it a bug or just another scummy MP deal?
Old May 15, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
I am trying to book a US to Asia in J for later this year and the search function says some days have a 90k fare but then the options are all only 99k miles.
I noticed that also. The only thing I could spot searching NYC-BKK was on days when 90k was available it was for 2 stop itineraries, and 99k was for 1 stop. But even that was inconstant as on other days everything that was available was 99k regardless of the number of segments.

SL
Old May 15, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
SYD-BKK in September. Site shows 50k for an Everyday award, and 55k (10% increase) for a Saver J award. Interesting.
Old May 16, 2020, 8:45 am

Has anyone actually seen a partner award price at something less since the removal of the awards chart?
Old May 16, 2020, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Interesting, XN class for far out travel.

PPT-SFO - 58k
PPT-SFO-YYZ - 35k (UA metal)
PPT-SFO-YYZ - 38.5k (AC metal on last leg) - a premium for flying an inferior airline....
narvik likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sfo
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That's likely dynamic pricing. Zone pricing no longer exist.
it's just the addition of the LH segment which triggers the extra 10%, no matter how short it is. On a r/t you can get around it with the excursionist perk if it is just 1 segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.