FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate(ETC) & Future Flight Credit(FFC) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2015432-understanding-using-ua-electronic-travel-certificate-etc-future-flight-credit-ffc.html)

bariww Jan 1, 22 4:39 pm

Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate(ETC) & Future Flight Credit(FFC)
 
I booked my hubs on an award ticket using miles from my account, completely forgetting that he had a FFC. If I book the ticket from his account, will I have the option to apply the FFC towards the cost of the copay?

lsquare Jan 1, 22 4:45 pm


Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33855382)
yes

Yes, multiple times

I got 3 UA flights booked. If I cancel all 3 of them, I'm assuming all 3 flights will be combined into one balance under future flight credit?

emcampbe Jan 1, 22 5:09 pm


Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 33862066)
I got 3 UA flights booked. If I cancel all 3 of them, I'm assuming all 3 flights will be combined into one balance under future flight credit?

3 segments booked on one PNR (itinerary), or 3 separate itineraries?

Kind of presuming the latter, in which case you will get three separate FFCs - these stay separate as the $ stay within each PNR. These will all show under your account. In the old days, these could not be combined to use for a single new reservation, but UA has changed things for the better here. Now, rather than needing to rebook from within a given PNR, you can simply search for a new itinerary, like normal, then when you go to pay, you can enter in the PNR(s) as payment…as many as it takes. Only restriction is the old itinerary must be in the same name as the traveler for the new, as FFCs can only be used by the original traveler.

if there are three segments on 1 PNR, yes, the credit will just remain in that single PNR, and credit can be used the same way, just there is only one number to deal with. In either case, if you only use part of the $ stored in a PNR, the balance will be available to use again later.

lsquare Jan 1, 22 5:18 pm


Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 33862117)
3 segments booked on one PNR (itinerary), or 3 separate itineraries?

Kind of presuming the latter, in which case you will get three separate FFCs - these stay separate as the $ stay within each PNR. These will all show under your account. In the old days, these could not be combined to use for a single new reservation, but UA has changed things for the better here. Now, rather than needing to rebook from within a given PNR, you can simply search for a new itinerary, like normal, then when you go to pay, you can enter in the PNR(s) as payment…as many as it takes. Only restriction is the old itinerary must be in the same name as the traveler for the new, as FFCs can only be used by the original traveler.

if there are three segments on 1 PNR, yes, the credit will just remain in that single PNR, and credit can be used the same way, just there is only one number to deal with. In either case, if you only use part of the $ stored in a PNR, the balance will be available to use again later.

They're separate itineraries. All three are SFO-BOS returned. I hope that if I have to cancel all three, if the FFC is under one balance, then I'll use the FFC to book one SFO-SIN itinerary.

WineCountryUA Jan 1, 22 5:55 pm


Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 33862136)
They're separate itineraries. All three are SFO-BOS returned. I hope that if I have to cancel all three, if the FFC is under one balance, then I'll use the FFC to book one SFO-SIN itinerary.

Separate itins / PNR, separate FFCs
But you can fund a new ticket with multiple FFCs.

lsquare Jan 1, 22 6:01 pm


Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33862223)
Separate itins / PNR, separate FFCs
But you can fund a new ticket with multiple FFCs.

That's good news. Hopefully, I am not leaving money on the table for UA.

What if the 3 FFCs aren't enough to fund a new SFO-SIN ticket? Can I pay the remainder with my Citi Prestige?

WineCountryUA Jan 1, 22 6:48 pm


Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 33862239)
That's good news. Hopefully, I am not leaving money on the table for UA.

What if the 3 FFCs aren't enough to fund a new SFO-SIN ticket? Can I pay the remainder with my Citi Prestige?

New cash / credit card is always a valid payment method

lsquare Jan 1, 22 6:57 pm


Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33862326)
New cash / credit card is always a valid payment method

I wasn't sure if I could use three FFCs and my Citi Prestige to book one SFO-SIN PNR.

emcampbe Jan 1, 22 7:38 pm


Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 33862342)
I wasn't sure if I could use three FFCs and my Citi Prestige to book one SFO-SIN PNR.

Yes, that's not a problem. You'll be able to enter in the FFCs first, then whatever balance is left can be paid by card.

lsquare Jan 1, 22 8:15 pm


Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 33862414)
Yes, that's not a problem. You'll be able to enter in the FFCs first, then whatever balance is left can be paid by card.

That's awesome. Thanks to you and WineCountryUA.

kb1992 Jan 3, 22 1:34 am


Originally Posted by Aussienarelle (Post 33849967)
So I am slightly confused. I cancelled a flight as the price had come down. I received a FFC since there had apparently been a change in my itinerary. The requirement for no additional fees was I could not book to leave one day earlier or later and the same for the return.

I ended up making the booking to leave two days earlier.

They reissued the ticket with the same confirmation number. All good.

However, the residual is confusing me. It is a FFC. That is fine as I will be flying somewhere but it kept the same confirmation number as the original flight and the reticketed flight. That makes me slightly nervous.. It is showing up as a FFC in my account I am just nervous about the same confirmation number. Anybody else experienced this and had no issues?


Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33851283)
If non-refundable, if cancelled, the entire purchase amount will go to a FFC.
If a change, if original purchase (with ETC) was higher, the extra will go to a FFC,

Booked a ticket for $730. Made a change that resulted in $130 FFC under the same PNR. New fare was $600.

Eventually canceled the ticket. UA.com shows that the same PNR only has $600 FFC. Am I supposed to get $730 FFC? :confused:

Do people make multiple changes but only get ONE FFC amount? Not combined amount?

SuperFlyBoy Jan 3, 22 4:21 am


Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 33865931)
Booked a ticket for $730. Made a change that resulted in $130 FFC under the same PNR. New fare was $600.

Eventually canceled the ticket. UA.com shows that the same PNR only has $600 FFC. Am I supposed to get $730 FFC? :confused:

Do people make multiple changes but only get ONE FFC amount? Not combined amount?

Each transaction is refunded separately.

That is their procedure. So 2 will be issued, obviously - as they had to transact on 2 occasions, right?

kb1992 Jan 3, 22 5:40 am


Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 33866141)
Each transaction is refunded separately.

That is their procedure. So 2 will be issued, obviously - as they had to transact on 2 occasions, right?

there is only one PNR.

How can UA issue two FFC?

each FFC is linked to the PNR.

SuperFlyBoy Jan 3, 22 5:47 am


Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 33866248)
there is only one PNR.

How can UA issue two FFC?

each FFC is linked to the PNR.

Why not?

It's per *transaction* - otherwise *how* will they keep track of them?

Just use *both* when booking another ticket again - you *have* that option...

kb1992 Jan 3, 22 6:58 am


Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 33866261)
Why not?

It's per *transaction* - otherwise *how* will they keep track of them?

Just use *both* when booking another ticket again - you *have* that option...

Got you.

Thanks so much. :tu:

There is always something new to learn!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:14 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.