FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate(ETC) & Future Flight Credit(FFC) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2015432-understanding-using-ua-electronic-travel-certificate-etc-future-flight-credit-ffc.html)

Catbert10 Aug 5, 2021 5:40 pm

Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate(ETC) & Future Flight Credit(FFC)

I have a FFC from a AUS-GRU trip I cancelled last month. I'm trying to apply it to a AUS-SJO trip, but the web site says its unable to apply the FFC and to contact support. Web glitch or have I run into a known restriction to FFCs? I'd like to have some knowledge of what might be happening before I start a call center odyssey.

TIA

escapefromphl Aug 5, 2021 6:24 pm

I hit this on the website and tried using the app which worked for me.

Kacee Aug 5, 2021 7:20 pm

It's a known glitch. I've had to call to use mine. The last web support agent I spoke with says this is all she's doing, all day long. She told me "it's been escalated."

Catbert10 Aug 5, 2021 8:05 pm

Worked on the app. Thanks, FT!

narvik Sep 30, 2021 5:08 am

United Flight booking woes....

United Flight booking woes and United Future Flight Credit woes!

Booking [international] flights on united.com (a first for me in almost a year) is ONE HOT MESS!

- trying to find future flight credits; My Trips ---> View All Trips ---> Future Flight Credits ===> "Your future flight credits have moved. You can view them in My Account"
Well okay then...

- My Account ---> Confirmation #xxxxxxx Begin travel by 03/31/2022, Confirmation #xxxxxxx Begin travel by 03/31/2022, Confirmation #xxxxxxx Begin travel by 12/31/2022
Trying to apply Future Flight Credit fails on every credit: either because it states "Travel has to commence before 1/30/2021", or "Unable to apply Future Flight Credit" with no reason given :mad:

- Using the link USE FUTURE FLIGHT CREDIT errors out with a message; "Booking failed, see message below." But there IS NO message below.

- There's a mix & match of numerous incarnations of the flight booking tool. I counted at least 3 completely different versions.

- Trying to pay with a UNION PAY card, but it's not listed under payment types, with a blurb: "We're updating our payment system, if you don't see a saved payment type click here"
Clicking "Click Here" loads an older style booking/payment page, but the Union Pay card still doesn't show up. other saved cards are missing also. Adding a new card (Union Pay) doesn't work either.

What the heck has United IT been doing these last two years???They managed to mess it up even further....:(:rolleyes:

Should I have maybe tried the mobile app instead?

B747SP Sep 30, 2021 12:28 pm

At least for me, those "Confirmation #xxxxxxx Begin travel by 03/31/2022" were actually half-flown tickets. Although fully unused tickets were extended to 3/31/2022, I was told that half-flown tickets had to be used within 1 year from the outbound date, so my FFCs were actually expired even though they show up in the "wallet". Tried multiple times with customer service and reservation desk, same answer. If I try to use these online I got the same error message: "Travel has to commence before x/xx/2021"

WineCountryUA Sep 30, 2021 1:38 pm

The partially flown credits are more restrictive

The FFC system is in process of being revised, it is much better to use FFC as payment credits (an option at the payment points) and not try to rebook a credit. But if that does not work, call and the agent or web support can help. Some of these very old credits are confusing the system. Again UA is revising the system..

Is some case the mobile app is further along.

You may not be able to use the Chinese based card on the USA site.

narvik Sep 30, 2021 2:21 pm

Cheers.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33609051)
You may not be able to use the Chinese based card on the USA site.

You mean, not anymore?
Is this new? The Union pay logo is still displayed, and I've successfully been using it for ~10+ years.

A workaround was to use PAYPAL with the Union Pay card being its payment method.

mahasamatman Sep 30, 2021 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33609051)
The FFC system is in process of being revised

It looks like they've fixed the issue where you have multiple FFCs on the same PNR. You can now use them as easily as any other.

c1mth0g Oct 12, 2021 11:11 pm

Pay with Travel Credits not working?

Has anyone managed to make a reservation with a FFC lately? The website seems to be broken for me. It doesn't do anything when I put in the PNR and last name in the boxes (it neither accepts the FFC or gives an error) ...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ea7548c057.png

Repooc17 Oct 12, 2021 11:17 pm

Is it an unused travel credit or a partially used travel credit?

There are different ways of going about using each.

c1mth0g Oct 12, 2021 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 33640085)
Is it an unused travel credit or a partially used travel credit?

There are different ways of going about using each.

Unused FFC. I know I can go to the credit and try to make a change there, but the problem with doing it that way is (1) I can't get the "Break from Business" discount and (2) I can't use more than one FFC.

I've done it this way a couple of times before with success (the last time was a few weeks ago) but it seems not be work anymore.

c1mth0g Oct 13, 2021 9:28 am

Well, they seemed to have fixed something overnight - now this page shows my available FFCs.
But it still gave an error when I tried to pay ... sigh ... had to call to get it done.

myleguy Oct 13, 2021 10:03 am

Had to call in to use Travelbank funds this morning.

higher_flyer Oct 13, 2021 10:18 am

Haven't been able to use my FFC travel credit on the newly updated "pay" screen, or through rebooking within the "my account / travel credit" itself. It shows up in both places but also errors out in both places. It's a smallish ~$125 and valid through next year, so I wasn't in a hurry to call in for a booking. Hopefully the online redemption is resolved one of these days.