Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Fate of UA Hemispheres Magazine, mailed copy stopping May 2021, back on planes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fate of UA Hemispheres Magazine, mailed copy stopping May 2021, back on planes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Glad to see the return of Hemisphere magazine: Noticed there was no statement from Scott Kirby in it (or I just missed it). Might have to see if I overlooked it while I am en route to San Diego from Denver.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I have the magazine on board for ORF
-ORD on July 2.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 11:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I have the magazine on board for ORF
-ORD on July 2.
Mailing stopped with the May issue and since the start of June, Hemispheres has been onboard

and UAL Flyers' Game: FlyerTalk Member Sign in Hemispheres [2013 & forward] has resumed
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I just noticed today the SFO airport map in the July Hemispheres has the old gate numbers (60s, 70s, 80s) for T3 gates. International gates are correct.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cranky1K
I just noticed today the SFO airport map in the July Hemispheres has the old gate numbers (60s, 70s, 80s) for T3 gates. International gates are correct.
Looking at the online issues, there were no terminal maps in May & June, July had the old gate numbering and August has the new gate numbering.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Been on several UAX flights with no Hemispheres magazine at any of the seats. Doesn't seem like it is consistently distributed yet.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Been on several UAX flights with no Hemispheres magazine at any of the seats. Doesn't seem like it is consistently distributed yet.
Of 12 segments in the past 14 days I've seen it onboard twice (including the E175 I'm sitting on waiting for a gate at ORD as I type) UCs (,or at least CLE) are plentifully stocked & I left a copy I grabbed there in the seat pocket of the next segment. Had not seen it onboard at all before last week.

Very happy to see it back in the airport...never read the mailed copy nor remembered to bring it with me on a trip but it's great to have as part of the travel ritual.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Of 12 segments in the past 14 days I've seen it onboard twice (including the E175 I'm sitting on waiting for a gate at ORD as I type) UCs (,or at least CLE) are plentifully stocked & I left a copy I grabbed there in the seat pocket of the next segment. Had not seen it onboard at all before last week.

Very happy to see it back in the airport...never read the mailed copy nor remembered to bring it with me on a trip but it's great to have as part of the travel ritual.
I seldom read through it on board, but am pretty good about remembering to sign it...UAL Flyers' Game: FlyerTalk Member Sign in Hemispheres [2013 & forward]
DELee likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
You inspired me to check the seat pocket of the Republic EMB-175 I'm on and no magazine
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:56 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
I seldom read through it on board, but am pretty good about remembering to sign it...UAL Flyers' Game: FlyerTalk Member Sign in Hemispheres [2013 & forward]
I remember the first time I ever came across a signed copy, before I even knew it was a thing...put a big smile on my face!

Here's the pic, from 04 Feb 2018 (I was traveling on this E170 in the opposite direction, EWR-RDU):

goodeats21 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
UCs (,or at least CLE) are plentifully stocked & I left a copy I grabbed there in the seat pocket of the next segment. Had not seen it onboard at all before last week.
What a great idea.

Bring a copy (or 3 or 4) from the United Club to leave in seatback pockets.

What a way to help us Fly the Friendly Skies of United!

And maybe shame United Air Lines into doing what needs to be done. 🤔
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would be nice to see some newspapers back in the Clubs as well!
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
What a great idea.
Bring a copy (or 3 or 4) from the United Club to leave in seatback pockets.
Given the rise of the more contagious Delta variant, that may not the best idea. If you do decide to do that, please use gloves and only grab untouched fresh copies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.