Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Flying Withdrawal?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Try light microwaving -- 30 secs power 3 to 5 depending on microwave
It sounds like you have access to the UA "recipe"!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:36 pm

Even as one without OP's GS privileges: yes! I miss being in a crowd of people. Really considering just taking a flight to ORD and DEN once this is over, with long layovers and plenty of time at the lounge bars.
DENflyer3 and DCFlyIAD like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
I have been in the global consulting business for 20 + years, I am an operations guy by background and because of this I have maintained a focus on industrial manufacturing, mining , capital projects et al. I agree completely that for me the face to face interaction for me works far better, interestingly though my colleagues in our technology practice who did very similar things in a different space , rarely do face to face and in some ways it is counter culture in that industry. My point is that tumultuous events such as this can drive significant behavior change in organizations, not perhaps a total 180 shift but the hop the plane for initial meetings may start to shift to virtual and was mentioned may be more of a competitive threat when this episode comes to an end.
Concur. I work in production as well and I hope this effort to virtualize everything doesn't end face to face time. Contractors can put all of the met metrics in front of me that they want but I can tell a whole lot more just by walking the floor and can see upcoming issues before they are ready to deal with them.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
That's not my risotto!
DELee, MysteryTour and tcdtcd like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by salisboss
Concur. I work in production as well and I hope this effort to virtualize everything doesn't end face to face time. Contractors can put all of the met metrics in front of me that they want but I can tell a whole lot more just by walking the floor and can see upcoming issues before they are ready to deal with them.
In-person face to face time involving travel won't end, but there will almost certainly be a lot less of it for many companies. As large companies operate essentially 100% virtual for at least several months, it will set new default expectations. And tbh, Oscar and Scott know this, hence their recent sentiments UA will be a smaller airline going forward.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Ironically, due to some medical issues, I had originally planned to not travel for the Late Feb- Mid April timeframe and be at home to recover. I did squeeze in an international trip in January and had some travel in February. I had planned to resume travel in full force in late April but it looks like that will be delayed a month or two. It has been a long time since I've had some many consecutive weeks at home and I am itching to go somewhere. At least I have some time to take care of some home projects that I've been putting off. Overall, thus far, there is little impact on my planned travel for the year. We'll see what travel is like moving forward. Will PZ>0 remain? Will the cut back on board service remain? Will the lounges remain closed? Only time will tell.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
My Major Upcoming Destination Codes

Sad but true
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P
That... did not work right
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I've been stuck n CCH (CouCH) for two weeks...
JAaronT, ajGoes and DCFlyIAD like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Go to HEL.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:59 pm

At least there’s no rule restricting serving your own alcohol. I’m with CCH.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
My MR route

KTH-OFC-BTH-OFC-BTH-KTH-MBR. Repeat it every 24 h except for weekends (delete OFC; ask for IRROP ORC).
Keep safe.
DCFlyIAD likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I am MAD because I am currently MIA from flying.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long until pdb is served departing from MBR?
DCFlyIAD likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Try light microwaving -- 30 secs power 3 to 5 depending on microwave
The last time a friend of mine who works for AA stopped by--years ago, before the dark times--I warmed about half a cup of Costco fancy mixed nuts into a 300-degree oven for maybe 10 minutes and then served them in a ramekin. He was highly amused. Now I want to treat myself that way. If only I had an actual reclining lounge chair in the living room!
Dublin_rfk and DCFlyIAD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.