FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2012978-chase-united-club-infinite-credit-card.html)

joelfreak Mar 6, 2020 12:04 pm

Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/memo-...medium=twitter

Infinite card now, new costs.

WineCountryUA Mar 6, 2020 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by joelfreak (Post 32150462)

Appears there will be an option for existing Club cardholders to retain the present Club Card and the lower annual fee.

Feels like the renaming is just a way to paint over the annual fee increase for new signups.

uastarflyer Mar 6, 2020 2:36 pm

What does Infinite provide?

Also it says you can’t have the 100k bonus if you opened Club within past two years. What about having held Club for 4-5 years? Can I upgrade and then earn 100k?

ctownflyer Mar 6, 2020 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 32151102)
Also it says you can’t have the 100k bonus if you opened Club within past two years. What about having held Club for 4-5 years? Can I upgrade and then earn 100k?

You would have to downgrade or close the signature and open the infinite.
Mind you that you probably won't be able to get the signature card after it's closed for new applicants.

WineCountryUA Mar 6, 2020 3:23 pm

What does Infinite provide? ...

Limited history for USA customers with some variations so not clear what is offered, There may be GE rebate, some annual $$$ ($100?) credit -- unclear if traditional Priority Pass is been replaced with the UC membership. We'll will need to wait for the formal announcement (in a few weeks?)

Interesting to see how the UA MP branding will be done -- bag waivers, priority boarding, waitlist priority, ...

The link provided seems to say no.

ctownflyer Mar 7, 2020 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by st530 (Post 32154551)
Anyone want to give me a sanity check on strategy? Long-time holder of the Club Card. Recently got the AMEX Plat for the 5x air/hotel bonus, plus Centurion Lounge and Priority Pass. But I still plan to put most non-air/hotel on the Club Card, as I think 1.5x UA miles is still a better deal than 1x AMEX MP points. IAH-based so much of my future AMEX MP redemption is likely to be on UA (through AC if I have the facts right -- still new to this). Does this sound right, or am I missing something? Thanks!

AMEX Blue Biz gives 2x MR everywhere. No annual fee.
Chase Ink or Freedom Unlimited gives 1.5x UR everywhere. No annual fee.

st530 Mar 8, 2020 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 32155041)
AMEX Blue Biz gives 2x MR everywhere. No annual fee.
Chase Ink or Freedom Unlimited gives 1.5x UR everywhere. No annual fee.

Thank you. My post could have been clearer. I want to keep both cards regardless, for different reasons. The question is where to put the non-travel spend (which clearly goes to AMEX due to the 5 x points) -- AMEX at 1 x points or UA at 1.5? I assume the latter unless the gurus think 1 AMEX point is worth more than 1.5 UA miles.

uastarflyer Mar 8, 2020 6:04 pm

I haven’t seen any more details on the new Club Card Infinite. It’s supposed to go live next weekend.

ctownflyer Mar 8, 2020 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by st530 (Post 32157765)
Thank you. My post could have been clearer. I want to keep both cards regardless, for different reasons. The question is where to put the non-travel spend (which clearly goes to AMEX due to the 5 x points) -- AMEX at 1 x points or UA at 1.5? I assume the latter unless the gurus think 1 AMEX point is worth more than 1.5 UA miles.

Why not get one of the more rewarding cards i mentioned for non-travel spend?

Doppy Mar 8, 2020 10:56 pm

What does Infinite provide?

Enhanced annual fee?

uastarflyer Mar 9, 2020 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Doppy (Post 32158675)
Enhanced annual fee?

Bazinga!

some rumor post says the new Club card will give 4x for UA and 2X for everything else. That makes it a possibility.

FlyingHighlander Mar 9, 2020 6:04 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 32158842)
Bazinga!

some rumor post says the new Club card will give 4x for UA and 2X for everything else. That makes it a possibility.

2x for everything else? That'd be nice, but I don't see it happening.

ctownflyer Mar 9, 2020 7:45 am

Bazinga!

Fake news.

uastarflyer Mar 9, 2020 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 32159788)
Fake news.

Is there any confirmed news yet?

usbusinesstraveller Mar 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Bazinga!

United Club Infinite Card

4x for UA, 2x for dining and other travel, 1x everything else.

$525 annual fee

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...cts/chase.html