Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Speculated 737-10 / MAX10 lie flat seat plan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculated 737-10 / MAX10 lie flat seat plan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by cmd320
Should be a really premium experience boarding through 1L and enjoying staring at 150 Y pax filling the aisle for your first 40 minutes on the plane.
When this happens to me I tend to hear carney music in my head as the Y passengers trudge by. Kind of like all the circus clowns piling out of the small car, I wonder how many more will fit back there? 😀

More seriously: back in the day the front of the plane boarded last. Who wants to board early when you can spend the time in a comfortable lounge? 🤔 It certainly still works that way today with true international First Class.

SL
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cslovacek
It will see the light of day.

Don’t be so sensationalist.
Let's be realistic - the MAX has more problems coming to light almost every day, and even without these problems, we are looking at some significant airline bankruptcies on the horizon and a flood of cheap "gently-used" aircraft that will be bought by airlines who terminate their MAX orders. There is no reason to take delivery of a MAX where a well-below market A321 can be picked up and retrofitted at a fraction of the cost.

The airline industry as you know it will look 180 degrees different by mid-summer, this virus hasn't even got its toe-hold into the developed world yet, and the rest of the un-developed world is next on its list. I doubt United will be able to make it through without filing CH11, after which it can discharge all of those MAX orders and start fresh.

This airplane, and that rather interesting seat map, is just pie in the sky guessing at this point.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Not commenting on the MAX, but... apparently:

1. a few were invited by United to attend a session to test the lie flat seats at the Boeing Renton Factory last year.

2. several seats were considered but no layout information was given. It was difficult to assess without knowing how the seats would be eventually positioned in the cabin.

3. seats design are innovative (as compare to the current UA F seats), seems to indicate lie flat seats in narrow body F cabin will be a norm rather than exception in the long term.

IMHO, 50 Max-10s and 50 A321XLR are significant numbers of narrow bodies to be installed with lie flat seats, so I would expect a number of transcon flights outside of PS EWR/BOS-SFO/LAX will be included in the eventual roll-out. For example IAD-SFO/LAX.
tuolumne likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
To say nothing of public opinion, it is true that 737MAX FAA recertification is moving ahead. There will be movement on that front in the next few weeks... it will fly again... it will fly for UA... the MAX10 will be delivered (eventually)... and passengers will, largely, come back.

On balance, the 22J configuration splits the sCO (+6J) and sUA 752 (-6J) configurations, and that seems reasonable. Some frequencies need more J seats; those will probably get widebody service, and on the other hand, some frequencies probably need more premium seats than the 16J 752. This is a good compromise.

Direct aisle access on a narrowbody will be nice. The AA 321T F/C shows that an off-the-shelf reverse herringbone seat isn’t sufficiently dense to work as a business class seat. Aside from the premium transcon markets, I would expect to see this airplane on routes like EWR-SAN/LAS/SEA/PHX, LAX/SFO-IAD, IAD-SAN/SEA, etc.
tuolumne and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:54 pm

I’m surprised they didn’t go with the Polaris 2-2 all aisle access seats. I guess they couldn’t get 4 across to work on a 737.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: United GS, Bonvoy Ambassador
Big news of a plan for herringbone business-class on 737-10s: https://pointmetotheplane.boardingar...-737-10-fleet/
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWR764
Aside from the premium transcon markets, I would expect to see this airplane on routes like EWR-SAN/LAS/SEA/PHX, LAX/SFO-IAD, IAD-SAN/SEA, etc.
And SNA-EWR, which is a favorite amongst NY-bound O.C. county pax.
physioprof likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Maybe not the greatest design, but I put a premium on all-aisle access. Perhaps they can put a door on these to make it feel a little more private as well.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Would it actually make it off the ground at SNA loaded for a transcon?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by eric.chen3742
I’m surprised they didn’t go with the Polaris 2-2 all aisle access seats. I guess they couldn’t get 4 across to work on a 737.
I don’t think the density works in a narrowbody cabin.

I don’t think the MAX10 will have the required short field performance for SNA-EWR.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
And OC-bound NY pax!!
cesco.g likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
While understanding this aircraft is a MAX10, let's not reopening another MAX thread. Please use the existing MAX threads for that (and probably best to wait for actual new information and not rehash previous discussions).

Let's focus on the seating configuration in this threadand discuss the MAX future elsewhere

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
wxguy, rmadisonwi and oopl like this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:33 pm
Suspended

It won't be on this route due to the short runway at SNA.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
What are the odds that the Max 10 will ever see the light of day?
MAX 10 doesn't need MCAS, so a good chance.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cslovacek
It won't be on this route due to the short runway at SNA.
Too bad, it seemed like a great match for that route.
Would the A321 make it, or maybe the the 752 as long as they're still around?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.