Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Question to anyone who's flown UA 846 SCL-IAH recently, which Polaris seat for June?

Question to anyone who's flown UA 846 SCL-IAH recently, which Polaris seat for June?

Old Feb 23, 20, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier 1K/*G

Are the 763s they are flying on this route already retrofit with the Polaris 1-1-1 config in J, or is it still old B/E 2-1-2? Last i heard most of the 763s were retrofit but the seat map for my 6/2 flight is still shown old config.
Old Feb 23, 20, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.8MM, AAdvantage, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by youngnfly View Post
Are the 763s they are flying on this route already retrofit with the Polaris 1-1-1 config in J, or is it still old B/E 2-1-2? Last i heard most of the 763s were retrofit but the seat map for my 6/2 flight is still shown old config.
It varies.
Old Feb 23, 20, 6:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Are the 763s they are flying on this route already retrofit with the Polaris 1-1-1 config in J, or is it still old B/E 2-1-2? ....
Recent flights, past 3 days and tomorrow are 1-1-1 new Polaris config. The fleet is 75% converted, to be complete by end of 2020 and UA has not yet started selling PremiumPlus seating which allows UA greater freedom in swapping back to the old config. In June, the odds should be better but until PP is been sold there is stil more uncertainty.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 23, 20 at 6:17 pm
Old Feb 23, 20, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Recent flights, past 3 days and tomorrow are 1-1-1 new Polaris config. The fleet is 75% converted, to be complete by end of 2020 and UA has not yet started selling PremiumPlus seating which allows UA greater freedom in swapping back to the old config. In June, the odds should be better but until PP is been sold there is stil more uncertainty.
Selling PP on that route would mean deploying a high-J 763, I doubt IAH-SCL has that kind of premium market. Until all 763 are converted, I would expect UA to just use the old config and continue with last-min swap given that it's the same 30J cabin.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Feb 24, 20, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier 1K/*G
Originally Posted by hirohito888 View Post
Selling PP on that route would mean deploying a high-J 763, I doubt IAH-SCL has that kind of premium market. Until all 763 are converted, I would expect UA to just use the old config and continue with last-min swap given that it's the same 30J cabin.

Could you elaborate on this? Do you mean UA will likely continue to swap in Polaris aircraft?
Old Feb 24, 20, 10:37 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Could you elaborate on this? Do you mean UA will likely continue to swap in Polaris aircraft?
UA has 21 763 with 30J (14 in new 1-1-1 configuration and remaining 7 in 2-1-2 configuration). UA has not assigned or dedicated the new Polaris seats to any of the 30J 763 routes, so for the time being, they will all show the old seat map given that the 2 configurations have nearly identical seat count. Closer to date of departure, UA will assign an aircraft which could be new or old configuration, and even then that's subject to last-min swap. Basically nothing is certain until you sit on the plane, but given the current stats, you have 66% of getting new seats, and probably higher by June.
Old Feb 24, 20, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
if you are trying to play a game to get the best seat there is no way for anyone here to know for sure which plane type they will fly.

what is behind your inquiry ?
Old Feb 24, 20, 9:26 pm

I was on it 5 days ago. Seat map showed old seats until T-48 hours, then switched to 1-1-1, which proved to be the actual equipment. I love the 77W Polaris seating, but this was my first time in the 767-300 new seat, and I found it very crowded.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: