Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Weird request of the day-Photo of United Lounge shower soap?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird request of the day-Photo of United Lounge shower soap?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Cool Weird request of the day-Photo of United Lounge shower soap?

Sorry, I know this is odd, but I had a weird rash after taking a shower at the lounge in Newark (I think it's the same product in all the lounges regardless of the airport).

I can't be sure that it was even that soap, but it's my best guess based on the timing.

If you happen to be in the shower room, could you take a photo of the ingredients in the shower soap and post it here? United have not been helpful with this request. They say the soap is called "Sunday Riley body wash" but I haven't had luck googling that so maybe it's not the right name?

Thanks for your help.
-YY
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by YorkshireYank
Sorry, I know this is odd, but I had a weird rash after taking a shower at the lounge in Newark (I think it's the same product in all the lounges regardless of the airport).

I can't be sure that it was even that soap, but it's my best guess based on the timing.

If you happen to be in the shower room, could you take a photo of the ingredients in the shower soap and post it here? United have not been helpful with this request. They say the soap is called "Sunday Riley body wash" but I haven't had luck googling that so maybe it's not the right name?

Thanks for your help.
-YY
That is it. Here is a pic from a recent video of the lounge at LHR Edit: sorry my full screen screen shot didn't seem to work. I see the ubiquitous Shen Yun managed to get an add into the shot! LOL

YorkshireYank likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by YorkshireYank
I haven't had luck googling that so maybe it's not the right name?
It's a custom formulation for United, so you won't find any information online. Even Riley's website doesn't mention the product.

However, Sunday Riley is a Houston-based company, so you can be sure there are lots of petroleum products in it.
EWR764 and YorkshireYank like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It that a trick question - ua clubs dont have showers...
JetBunny likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by azepine00
It that a trick question - ua clubs dont have showers...
Polaris lounges do.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Contact Dermatitis

I've had some violent reactions to various liquid hand soaps such that I never use them. Your best bet is to clean the skin well with pure water, dry it completely, and apply cortisone cream to the affected until the rash disappears, which can take weeks (you may have to see your doctor to get higher strength cortisone for it to be effective). You could take Benadryl as well if it looks like the rash is spreading. Wet Ones and other types of wet wipes commonly cause CD as well, so be careful of these even though there is currently an anti-germ craze due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

The most likely culprit in liquid soaps is Balsam of Peru, see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balsam_of_Peru

However, I am allergic to a bunch of different things so don't rule out other possibilities.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I've had some violent reactions to various liquid hand soaps such that I never use them. Your best bet is to clean the skin well with pure water, dry it completely, and apply cortisone cream to the affected until the rash disappears, which can take weeks (you may have to see your doctor to get higher strength cortisone for it to be effective). You could take Benadryl as well if it looks like the rash is spreading. Wet Ones and other types of wet wipes commonly cause CD as well, so be careful of these even though there is currently an anti-germ craze due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

The most likely culprit in liquid soaps is Balsam of Peru, see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balsam_of_Peru

However, I am allergic to a bunch of different things so don't rule out other possibilities.
Also, Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash is great to soothe contact dermatitis. https://www.aveeno.com/products/skin-relief-fragrance-free-body-wash
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by physioprof
Also, Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash is great to soothe contact dermatitis. https://www.aveeno.com/products/skin-relief-fragrance-free-body-wash
Yeah, this is what my doctor has me using. Way fewer issues.
physioprof likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Especially rittenhousesq, amazing screen capture. You went to some trouble to do that.

I'm still looking for the ingredients list on the back if anyone is going to a Polaris lounge soon. And it's for the shower soap, not the hand soap, although it may all be the same stuff.

Appreciate any help, thank you!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.