Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Mileplay Promotion (complete by 10 May 2020)

Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United seems to have launched a new Mileplay offer today (27 February). Log in here to see your offer: https://promotions.united.com/offers/mileplay

Terms and conditions
Eligibility:

Only original offer recipients can register for and participate in this promotion.

Promotion code: T011MA

How to participate:

Member must register for this promotion on or prior to May 10, 2020. Only transactions initiated after registration and completed on or prior to May 10, 2020 will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements.

Registrant must complete all activity specified in the offer to receive bonus award miles. Partial bonuses for completing only certain activity will not be awarded. Bonus award miles may only be earned once.

{offers vary}

Qualifying trip requirements:

1. Trip (as defined below) booking must be made after registration.

2. All flight activity for applicable Trip must be complete on or prior to May 10, 2020.

3. Each Trip must have a fare (as defined below) equal to or greater than {offers vary}.

4. The final fare amount for the Trip will be used to determine satisfaction of offer requirements, including itinerary changes that result in an increase or decrease to the fare and paid upgrades that result in an increase to the fare.

Trip is defined as each unique travel itinerary as documented by United with a confirmation number.

For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance member airline or a United MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico.

Offer is not valid on government fares.

Flights on award travel tickets do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.

E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.

Other important information:

This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.

Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.

Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member's MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.

Bonus miles will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on May 10, 2020.

Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on May 10, 2020.

If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur such that the offer requirements are not satisfied, applicable miles will not be awarded or will be deducted from the MileagePlus member account.

All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United in its discretion and are considered final.

Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. See additional MileagePlus rules and conditions.
Print Wikipost

New Mileplay Promotion (complete by 10 May 2020)

Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Nothing for me or my spouse. I actually completed the last challenge (ended last month), and my wife hasn't completed any in the last couple years.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Self (Silver) 1 x $400 = 2,500 mi.
Spouse (Gen.) 1 x $500 = 18,000 mi.
Adult son (Gen.) 1 x $500 = 9,700 mi.

Self & spouse are United Club life members.
Son is Explorer Card holder.

After a family trip to Asia, our YTD:
PQF: 7
PQP: 1100+
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by Boghopper
I got 10k for one trip of $250. Must be because Ive dropped ua like a hot potato since the 1k requirements went up. Meanwhile my wife the annual 60k gs gets nothing. Pays to play hard to get.
the sad thing for United is that this wont lure me back into anything. If they happen to be the best choice for a flight in the next two months and meet the other criteria, then fine. Otherwise nope.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Just plain member: Book and take a trip in a premium seat on United or United Express by May 10, 2020, spending at least $850 per trip to get 5800 miles.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:27 am

1K 1 trip for $400 for 16,000 miles.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS, MM
What a joke....

4 premium trips @ $2000+ for 24K bonus

Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
1x$175 for 7,000!
This is easily the best one I've gotten. Thanks, random number generator!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
me - 4 @$500 for 9200 RDM
mrs. iapetus - 4 @$400 for 2500 RDM

I wonder if part of the algorithm relates to how many RDM you've got in the bank and an estimated likelihood of one's wanting more RDM in the short term?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I would love to hear theories as to how it's decided what each offer will be.
It seems so random, but that doesn't make sense.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:34 pm

4 trips $275 each = 3,300
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by ddsyes
1K 1 trip for $400 for 16,000 miles.
Wow, 1K $350 for 2,900 miles.. That is a significant mileage differential for 1K members with very similar purchase numbers. Going to ignore the promotion, but if I got ddsyes offer would have taken them up on it. As it is the flights will be half those amounts. 😃

Thank you to DELee and WineCountryUA for the information about the taxes.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
4 x $175 trips = 2,500 miles.

I could get more miles complaining to Customer Care about MilePlay...
Pat89339, narvik, chavala and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
why are some people not eligible?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriot Titanium, WN A-List, National Exec
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
why are some people not eligible?
Because the algorithm United uses to determine these offers said so.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
1 premium trip @$1,700 for 53,000 miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.