Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PQP from email and web aren't consistent

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

PQP from email and web aren't consistent

I've noticed this on two bookings already, where my email receipt gives me a slightly higher PQP, but on the web, the number is usually lower. What's up with that?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, hungrynerd

How much difference? Rounding error?

All UA or partner flights?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
All of mine have been off by exactly 1, usually in my favor. Email confirmation said 490 on my last trip and I got 491 PQPs. This was sometimes the case with PQD last year also.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
All of mine have been off by exactly 1, usually in my favor. Email confirmation said 490 on my last trip and I got 491 PQPs. This was sometimes the case with PQD last year also.
My guess is that the email is truncating decimals (e.g. 490.50 becomes 490) and the actual posting is applying rounding (490.50 becomes 491).

I haven't been paying attention to the website but for all 26 revenue segments I've flown since 1/1 with the exception of one PNR final posting has exactly matched the email for me (I suspect that one was messed up because it got all out-of-whack across 6 schedule changes and 3 manual interventions from reservations to fix connections, class, etc.)
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
016 ticket: recent flight was off by around 71 PQP

Non-016 ticket: recent flight was off by around 15 PQP. Award miles credited based on distance was off, not sure if it's due to operating carrier or UA.

Still have to write to UA to fix the error.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Both itineraries had one partner segment. Off by about 100 or so PQP.
We'll see how it goes after flying... the other itinerary ended up being cancelled because it involves Hong Kong flights.

Last edited by hungrynerd; Feb 15, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.