Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Plus Points Domestic / Non-Polaris upgrade success

United Plus Points Domestic / Non-Polaris upgrade success

Old Feb 12, 20, 4:00 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, BonVoy Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 57
United Plus Points Domestic / Non-Polaris upgrade success

Greetings all,
I've seen lengthy threads about Polaris upgrade success on the new system but nothing on domestic upgrade success using points so apologies if this has been discussed elswhere.

I just flew the first part of a PDX-IAH-BNA=>BNA-IAH-PDX round trip. My first leg to Houston cleared into 1st maybe 10 hours before departure (So much for 1K clearing at 96 hours). Second leg upgrade did not clear but my account was charged the full 20 points. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I would love to have 10 points back. Just about ready to fly the return so I'll see what happens. I'm on both upgrade lists (fare class L).
If they deduct the full 20 points for a 2 segment transcon where only one leg clears that is a big disappontment with the new system IMHO. Perhaps they only deduct points if the longer segment clears??

cheers,
-R
royehill is offline  
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:12 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 13,973
Originally Posted by royehill View Post
I just flew the first part of a PDX-IAH-BNA=>BNA-IAH-PDX round trip. My first leg to Houston cleared into 1st maybe 10 hours before departure (So much for 1K clearing at 96 hours).
The T-96 window for 1K refers to CPUs. PlusPoint upgrades can clear at any point.

Originally Posted by royehill View Post
Second leg upgrade did not clear but my account was charged the full 20 points. Is this the way it is supposed to work?
Yes.
Originally Posted by royehill View Post
If they deduct the full 20 points for a 2 segment transcon where only one leg clears that is a big disappontment with the new system IMHO.
The old system worked exactly the same way.
Often1 likes this.
jsloan is offline  
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:28 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 11,314
1Ks are eligible for complimentary upgrades up to 96 hours; there's no statement any upgrade, complimentary or supported, will clear at that time.

Yes, it's 20 points for any domestic flights or one way trip, regardless of the number or length of segments cleared. This is the same way RPUs worked before.
jsloan and Often1 like this.
mduell is offline  
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:50 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,888
Originally Posted by royehill View Post
Greetings all,
I've seen lengthy threads about Polaris upgrade success on the new system but nothing on domestic upgrade success using points so apologies if this has been discussed elswhere.

I just flew the first part of a PDX-IAH-BNA=>BNA-IAH-PDX round trip. My first leg to Houston cleared into 1st maybe 10 hours before departure (So much for 1K clearing at 96 hours). Second leg upgrade did not clear but my account was charged the full 20 points. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I would love to have 10 points back. Just about ready to fly the return so I'll see what happens. I'm on both upgrade lists (fare class L).
If they deduct the full 20 points for a 2 segment transcon where only one leg clears that is a big disappontment with the new system IMHO. Perhaps they only deduct points if the longer segment clears??

cheers,
-R
Others have already stated the process worked correctly. A common approach is to request a +P upgrade for only the flight you really care about using 20 points on. Itís possible to select only one of two (or more) flights. If that one (presumably the longer one) doesnít clear then you havenít potentially wasted 20 points on the shorter one.
JimInOhio is offline  
Old Feb 12, 20, 8:12 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 87
You need to call in. It's annoying.
SFO_LOW_CLOUDS is offline  
Old Feb 12, 20, 8:58 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 13,973
Originally Posted by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS View Post
You need to call in. It's annoying.
Call in for what? The system worked as designed, the same way that RPUs did.
jsloan is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 6:42 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: PWM
Programs: UA Silver
Posts: 945
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
Call in for what? The system worked as designed, the same way that RPUs did.
I presume they mean call in to waitlist a single segment.
sexykitten7 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 6:57 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: LAX, SNA (home), BOM, PNQ, LHR
Programs: UA Gold/*G, AS MVP, HHonors Silver
Posts: 263
If this is an upgrade success thread like the name implies, allow me to get this party started:
1. Flight: EWR-SFO
2. Date of flight: 1/23/2020
3. Date booked: October 2019
4. Fare basis: R
5. Cabin upgrade: O -> J
6. Date of upgrade: While on board a few minutes before doors closed
7. Number of PlusPoints: 10 (GS upgrade)
flyingrohit is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:18 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 157
Originally Posted by flyingrohit View Post
If this is an upgrade success thread like the name implies, allow me to get this party started:
1. Flight: EWR-SFO
2. Date of flight: 1/23/2020
3. Date booked: October 2019
4. Fare basis: R
5. Cabin upgrade: O -> J
6. Date of upgrade: While on board a few minutes before doors closed
7. Number of PlusPoints: 10 (GS upgrade)
Is this the only way to use 10 pluspoints? That is all I have left for 2020.
Dpetryszyn is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:30 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: LAX, SNA (home), BOM, PNQ, LHR
Programs: UA Gold/*G, AS MVP, HHonors Silver
Posts: 263
Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn View Post
Is this the only way to use 10 pluspoints? That is all I have left for 2020.
I believe so. On Transcon flights operated by a 781, Premium Plus to Business is 10 PlusPoints. I think even economy to domestic first is 20 PP?
flyingrohit is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:36 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5,728
Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn View Post
Is this the only way to use 10 pluspoints? That is all I have left for 2020.
Originally Posted by flyingrohit View Post
I believe so. On Transcon flights operated by a 781, Premium Plus to Business is 10 PlusPoints. I think even economy to domestic first is 20 PP?
Indeed, yes.
fumje is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:52 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 13,973
Originally Posted by sexykitten7 View Post
I presume they mean call in to waitlist a single segment.
There's no need. The PlusPoints interface allows you to select whichever segments you want.
jsloan is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 9:17 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: LAX, SNA (home), BOM, PNQ, LHR
Programs: UA Gold/*G, AS MVP, HHonors Silver
Posts: 263
Should've been 30 PlusPoints because I was flying BOM-EWR-SFO, but United decided to screw me over and not waitlist me in the right place for the BOM-EWR segment, so had to drop additional 10 to individually segment the second flight as well...
sexykitten7 likes this.
flyingrohit is offline  
Old Feb 15, 20, 7:08 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: PWM
Programs: UA Silver
Posts: 945
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
There's no need. The PlusPoints interface allows you to select whichever segments you want.
Wow! Did not know that. Quite the improvement! Of course, that comes with its own problems as my many semi-failed plan Bs show...
sexykitten7 is offline  
Old Feb 15, 20, 12:58 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, BonVoy Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 57
Follow up on the remainder of my trip:
Return BNA-IAH-PDX ATC hold on the tarmac @BNA scorched my connection time. Missed flight to PDX out of IAH.
Called 1K Voice, got booked into a middle seat on the next non-stop to PDX...8 hour layover @IAH
Headed to the United club concourse C (This is why it pays to have an actual membership kids).
Checked with the agent in the club (She is the epitome of customer service, I recognized her separately by name when I reviewed my trip). She took my luggage tag, my boarding pass and told me to relax and get something to eat.
Came back 40 mintes later with a new boarding pass for a 2:20 departure to SEA with a Alaska Airlines BP from SEA to PDX...Interlined my bag and did all of this with effeiniency and a smile on her face.
Cleared the IAH-SEA at the gate (No Plus Points, CPU).
Luggage was late but delivered to my home and Alaska gave $50 voucher for the inconveneience


Overall, United did an amazing job and customer service at IAH was exemplary.

Cheers,
-R
JimInOhio likes this.
royehill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: