Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Boooking flight or car using parent's UA MP credit card/ lose benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA

If a parent purchases a flight for their child using their Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer card, do the card benefits (e.g. free bag, priority boarding) & protections (trip delay, auto rental) apply to the child's flight and/or auto rental?
Or does the name on the credit card have to match the flight ticketed name and/or name on the auto rental? I've scanned the cc benefits pages but didn't see this situation specifically addressed.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
moved to UA forum for quicker, and more succinct, responses
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Primary cardholder must be flying for free bag and priority boarding benefits. They will match on FF number and the system won't let you put your FF number on your kid's flight --

Free Checked Bag: The primary Cardmember and one traveling companion on the same reservation are each eligible to receive their first standard checked bag free;
Priority Boarding: The primary Cardmember and companions traveling on the same reservation are eligible for priority boarding;

They mention family members are eligible for lost luggage and trip delay protection. So it's possible you don't need to be traveling for those -
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...nited-explorer. But you should probably verify with Chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.