Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United MP branded Business credit card from Chase

Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
United Business™ Card
$99 annual fee (waived first year)

https://www.theexplorercard.com/business-rewards-cards

Updated Saturday, 3 February 2023.

75,000 bonus miles
You'll earn 100,000 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $10,000 $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.* This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United® purchases
You'll earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United, including tickets, Economy Plus®, inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi, and other United charges.* You'll also earn 2 miles for each $1 spent on Inside Access from Chase purchases.* For more information on Inside Access visit InsideAccess.com

NEW! Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on local transit and commuting
You'll earn 2 miles per $1 spent on local transit and commuting, including taxicabs, mass transit, tolls, and ride share services.*

Earn 2 miles per $1 spent in other select categories
You'll earn 2 miles per $1 spent at gas stations, office supply stores and restaurants.*

Earn with every purchase
You’ll earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.*

NEW! Better together bonus
You'll receive 5,000 bonus miles each year on your United Business™ Card anniversary when you have both the United Business™ Card and a personal Chase United credit card.*

Employee cards at no additional cost
Miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account so you can earn rewards faster. Plus, you can set up individual spending limits for each card.*

No blackout dates
As the primary Cardmember, you will also enjoy expanded award availability when you use miles to book any United-operated flight, any time, with no restrictions or blackout dates.* For more information, please visit united.com/AirAwards .

Premier upgrades on award tickets
The primary Cardmember who is also a MileagePlus Premier® member and traveling on an award ticket can take advantage of Complimentary Premier Upgrades on United flights (when available).*

More ways to use miles
You can use miles to book award travel on Star Alliance™ and other partner airlines. Or use them to enhance your travel with upgrades, inflight Wi-Fi, hotel stays and car rentals. Miles can also be used for merchandise, gift cards and once-in-a-lifetime events. To learn more, please visit united.com/UseMiles .

2 United Club™ one-time passes
after account opening and on each anniversary* - over a $100 value per year.

Free first checked bag - save up to $120 per roundtrip
The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation will each receive their first standard checked bag free ($30 value, each way, per person) on United-operated flights when the primary Cardmember includes their United MileagePlus® number in their reservation and purchases their tickets from United with their card.* For complete details, please visit united.com/ChaseBag .

Priority boarding
The primary Cardmember and companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding.*

NEW! $100 annual United travel credit
Enjoy a $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more within each account anniversary year.*

NEW! 25% back on United inflight purchases
25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United®-operated flights when you pay with your United Business Card.*

No foreign transaction fees
Purchases made with your United Business™ Card outside the U.S. will not be subject to foreign transaction fees. For example, if you spend $5,000 internationally, you would avoid $150 in foreign transaction fees.

---
Notes:
Print Wikipost

New United MP branded Business credit card from Chase

Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
I have purchased several award tickets with per-person tax exceeding $100. Immediately after 7th person's tax was posted, I got "$100 united travel credit".
Note: over $100 per-person, not per ticket. One of my tickets had 4 people in it, but posted as 4 split transactions with each person's tax.
thanks for the DP. splitting the tax actually makes it even harder to hit $100 by paying tax for award tickets. i imagine the same will go with seat selection or baggage fee. anyone tried to purchase travel bank fund?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by WasKnown
(July 2021) Anyone else chasing the 150K monster SUB on this? …
It’s back: Earn up to 150,000 bonus miles

Originally Posted by VWang1111
Has anyone tried to make 7 $100 Travelbank purchases to trigger the $100 credit?
Originally Posted by WasKnown
… Also, any data points on the 7 $100 United transactions? … I'm assuming TravelBank purchases won't count lol.
Originally Posted by lsquare
Do UA TravelBank purchases trigger the 7x$100 credit?
Originally Posted by ngls
Do we have any datapoints if 7x$100 Travel Bank purchases trigger the $100 credit? …
Asked (several times) and (unfortunately) not answered.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:10 pm

It’s valid for reimbursement. Someone tried a while back.
Dr Jabadski and road2elysium like this.

Last edited by rrgg; Aug 12, 2022 at 6:45 am
Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by rrgg
It’s valid for reimbursement. Someone tried a while back.
Does that mean that 7 $100 TB purchases will result in a (single) $100 credit for this card? Please post (a link to or the reference for) the datapoint. Thank you.

(This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.)
Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:46 am

See above.
Dr Jabadski and road2elysium like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, United Silver, National Exec
Additional data point (pending): 3x tickets > $100 + 4x $100 travel bank reloads.
CarlosACJ55 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:37 pm

I got this card (and SUB) 2 years ago, closed it a year ago, getting close to the time I plan to re-apply in an attempt at (every 25 month) “churning” the SUB. After 15 years of chasing elite status on UA (and having achieved lifetime status and banked many UA miles) my only planned future flying on UA is using miles and TB funds (from several AmEx cards and possibly this card). Thus I have some interest in this card and this thread.

Originally Posted by rrgg
See above.
Thank you for the datapoint.

Originally Posted by road2elysium
Additional data point (pending): ...
Perhaps you might be kind and gracious enough to re-post once the datapoint changes from “pending” so we can know if it was successful or not. Thank you.

(Re: "every 25 month 'churning'” and "banked UA miles", it's a marathon, not a sprint. )
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:59 pm

For the 5k miles Better Together bonus, how long is the wait time usually? My first anniversary statement closed about a week ago, but no bonus yet. Thank you for any datapoints!
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by edelweiss
For the 5k miles Better Together bonus, how long is the wait time usually? My first anniversary statement closed about a week ago, but no bonus yet. Thank you for any datapoints!
Curious, when did your 5,000 Better Together bonus miles eventually post?

Wondering if it's only 30+ days after the annual fee posts, meaning you can't get it and have the annual fee refunded if you choose to cancel the card.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Comenius
Curious, when did your 5,000 Better Together bonus miles eventually post?

Wondering if it's only 30+ days after the annual fee posts, meaning you can't get it and have the annual fee refunded if you choose to cancel the card.
Posted on the September statement, while the AF was on the August statement.
SPN Lifer and Comenius like this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by edelweiss
Posted on the September statement, while the AF was on the August statement.
Thanks, that's helpful to know. So, you need to pay the annual fee in order to get the bonus miles.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Frequent Flying Octogenarian here wondering if having the United No Fee Gateway card ( downgraded from Personal UAMPE ) and no SUB in the last 6 years would preclude me from getting the UAMPE BIZ Card and SUB again

I read more than 3 United Threads daily and Maybe a Mod could be so kind as to answer before I make a Large Mistake

Thanks

Last edited by PETERPNYC; Feb 6, 2023 at 2:02 pm Reason: BUMP
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Frequent Flying Octogenarian here wondering if having the United No Fee Gateway card ( downgraded from Personal UAMPE ) and no SUB in the last 6 years would preclude me from getting the UAMPE BIZ Card and SUB again

I read more than 3 United Threads daily and Maybe a Mod could be so kind as to answer before I make a Large Mistake

Thanks
Bump
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC

Thanks
You should be able to apply to either (or both) Explorer cards, business or personal, assuming you have a good credit score and have not opened more than a couple credit cards in the last 24 months.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by jcturnbull
You should be able to apply to either (or both) Explorer cards, business or personal, assuming you have a good credit score and have not opened more than a couple credit cards in the last 24 months.

Just to be 100 % sure , the Gateway United does not count as a United Card at all ? Or as a totally different product
once downgraded , thus I am now eligible for Either MPE card .

Thanks and sorry if I am repeating
myself.

Comes with the big 80 .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.