UA-Schedule changes

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dkc192
Wiki Link
UA publishes a schedule for 330 days in advance (called Beginning of Schedule) and in the past would make tweaks quarterly and things would be fairly settles 3-4 months out. Updates would occur Friday evening / Saturday morning (Chicago time). Routine additions could occur anytime.

Present updates are every Friday and sometimes mid-week usually focused on the next month and farther out.

20 Oct 2021
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
In the earnings call today, UA noted that has been transitioning back to its 'normal' (pre-pandemic) 90-day schedule load process, which should be complete in the very near future.
However, during the COVID era, UA has gone to a more dynamic and shorter-term setting of schedule (as has the other carriers). Presently UA, while UA is still publishing a schedule for 330 days in advance it reflects pre-COVID operational levels and is considered just a placeholder schedule. Then 3-5 weeks prior to a month, UA makes a major update of that month's schedule.

Examples (Major updates)
The October 2020 schedule was updated 4-5 September 2020
The November 2020 schedule was updated 2-3 October 2020
The December 2020 schedule was updated 30-31 October 2020
Holidays can move the major date a week earlier or later.
Weekly updates are still generally done over night Friday-Saturday (Chicago)

UA does not publish a summary of most schedule changes but a variety of sources below do and summaries / links of those sources can be found in this thread & wiki.

Always crosscheck with UA's Travel Notices , Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel waivers and information, www.united.com/coronavirus as the situation is dynamic

Other Resources and Statistics
Archive: COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 21, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UA-Schedule changes

Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
I guess BOS-SFO going all 737 is no longer "terrifying"? Or do you just not have one of those flights booked in April?
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS View Post
Oh BOS-SFO on any variant of 73 is terrifying. My only SFO in April is BOS-EWR-SFO
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
Oh, I saw that coming So no ... too bad for UA ... no BOS-SFO
Hey, at least there's a 752 flying the red eye SFO-BOS and the mid-day BOS-SFO right now. LAX-BOS-LAX are only 7M9s.

David
Old Dec 19, 21, 9:05 pm

Stupid question because I usually fly AA, but are the widebody routes listed for March going to remain in place, or is there a good chance UA swaps equipments? I'm flying ORD-SFO on AA but thinking of changing my trip to UA to avoid the 737 and hopefully get a lie flat seat (UA showing 757 right now).
Old Dec 21, 21, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92 View Post
Yeah I misspoke because AA only has lie-flats on widebodies.
AA A321T (narrow body) has lie flat first and business class seats.
artvandalay likes this.
Old Jan 13, 22, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United Gold, Qantas Gold
United summer 2022 schedule?

Hi all,
Trying to book Premium Economy United flights from EWR-MEL for late August. Unfortunately, the website is still showing the old 789 configuration on that route. The CEO has confirmed that all 789 will be refurbished with the new interior by June. So, wondering when United will update the Summer schedule with the new configuration. A also doubt that theyll have two daily flights to MEL (SFO,LAX).
Old Jan 13, 22, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
The August schedule will probably be updated around June.
Old Jan 13, 22, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Even though they're planning on all planes to be P+/Polaris equipped by then, the seat maps are based off of the number of planes now that are P+/Polaris equipped. They do this to avoid having to downgrade people if for some reason the project doesn't get completed on time. Mrs. and I have a vacation EWR-IAH-SYD, and MEL-LAX-EWR in late July/early August, well after they expect completion of the project, but just like in your case, they still show the old seat maps. I'm really hoping that the seat maps change over early enough that we can choose desirable seats once our current selection gets thrown out the door. Honestly, since they can't commit to P+ on all 789 flights until 100% of in service now Polaris/P+ equipped, Australia flights make sense to be the ones to leave with the old seat maps, due to the uncertainty of the future of those flights.

Currently there are 9 old-birds left in service, soon to be 7, and that number should be down to 4 by the end of March, so maybe we'll see some action then.
Old Jan 13, 22, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

newyorkaviation Welome to FT
Originally Posted by newyorkaviation View Post
Trying to book Premium Economy United flights from EWR-MEL for late August. Unfortunately, the website is still showing the old 789 configuration on that route. The CEO has confirmed that all 789 will be refurbished with the new interior by June. So, wondering when United will update the Summer schedule with the new configuration. A also doubt that theyll have two daily flights to MEL (SFO,LAX).
In these times so far out any aircraft type and schedule is just a hope by the airline. Not a 100% certainty.
You may also need to consider SYD.
Old Jan 14, 22, 2:28 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I have a flight booked for July and was surprised at the old 2-2-2 configuration so very glad to read this.
Old Jan 14, 22, 5:14 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
March 24th - May 5th updating at the moment. Had a 175 turn into a 170, and a few mins gained and lost on a couple itineraries.

For the last several months, this second major update meant the schedule was relatively firm, but I’d expect more changes as Omicron ebbs and flows…Recent updates (Wednesday, 2 days ago) removed even January flights from the schedule.

Good luck and may your 737s become 767s!
Old Jan 14, 22, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
April schedule changes loading. Got a few domestic changes; some more some less disruptive.
Old Jan 15, 22, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler View Post
Good luck and may your 737s become 767s!
Wonderful New Years wish!
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 8:11 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Cancellation of EWR-HND and ORD-HND

I saw a schedule change last night. UA flooded my email box with multiple changes of the same reservation for early March. I can still search for my old flight, EWR-HND, which shows J0 and all 9s in economy. The new flight, ORD-HND, shows J2 and all 9s in economy. The business cabins of both flights are very empty according to the new tool for accessing early upgrade standby list. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-waitlist.html
So, I can assume that both flights will be eventually cancelled, perhaps as early as this coming weekend.
Old Jan 26, 22, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
I saw a schedule change last night. UA flooded my email box with multiple changes of the same reservation for early March. I can still search for my old flight, EWR-HND, which shows J0 and all 9s in economy. The new flight, ORD-HND, shows J2 and all 9s in economy. The business cabins of both flights are very empty according to the new tool for accessing early upgrade standby list. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-waitlist.html
So, I can assume that both flights will be eventually cancelled, perhaps as early as this coming weekend.
I had a ton of NH cancellations hit my UA award tickets for mid April. Of course it is wishful thinking w/ Japan and April .... but we can hope . UA has not adjusted any of their flights yet as far as I can see.
For March I'd expect some 'final' changes to come this week(end)
Old Jan 31, 22, 9:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
United Airlines Pulls Down International Capacity Throughout 2022 - Simple Flying

United Airlines makes international cuts
Schedules loaded in Cirium and confirmed on the airline’s website show cuts to the following international routes:

Denver (DEN) to Tokyo-Narita (NRT) resumption delayed until March 26th
Honolulu (HNL) to Tokyo-Narita (NRT) resumption delayed until March 26th
Houston (IAH) to Amsterdam (AMS) cut until March 26th
Houston (IAH) to Havana (HAV) cut through October
Houston (IAH) to Managua (MGA) cut until September
Houston (IAH) to Munich (MUC) delayed until March 26th
Los Angeles (LAX) to London-Heathrow (LHR) resumption delayed until March 26th
Los Angeles (LAX) to Melbourne (MEL) resumption delayed until March 26th
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo-Haneda (HND) delayed until March 26th
Newark (EWR) to Stockholm (ARN) start date delayed to May 26th
Newark (EWR) to Havana (HAV) cut through October
Newark (EWR) to Hong Kong (HKG) cut until the end of May
Newark (EWR) to Lima (LIM) cut through October
Newark (EWR) to Munich (MUC) delayed until March 26th
Newark (EWR) to Tokyo-Haneda (HND) delayed until March 26th
San Francisco (SFO) to Auckland (AKL) cut until July
San Francisco (SFO) to Melbourne (MEL) resumption delayed to March 26th
San Francisco (SFO) to Hong Kong (HKG) cut until the end of May
San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo-Haneda (HND) delayed until March 26th

United Airlines Rolls Back 2022 Capacity In Face Of Omicron
United Airlines has revised down its flying program for 2022, now conceding its full-year capacity will be below 2019 levels because of the omicron variant of the coronavirus.

The Chicago-based carrier had previously anticipated operating 5% more capacity in 2022 versus 2019. United executives, speaking recently to analysts regarding the airline’s $1.96 billion 2021 net loss, expressed confidence that demand for air travel would rebound strongly as the year moves forward. However, the recovery on routes to Asia is expected to take much longer than other international regions, and domestic regional flying will be curtailed because of US regional airlines’ struggle to hire enough pilots.
and a bright spot
United announces the largest expansion to Italy in its history
As part of United Airlines’ transatlantic expansion for the northern summer season, the company will make the largest offer of seats and frequencies to Italy. That’s to say the company will add more capacity on existing routes. It will resume destinations and new flights from its three main transatlantic hubs in Newark (EWR), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Chicago O’ Hare (ORD).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 31, 22 at 9:30 pm
Old Jan 31, 22, 9:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K 2MM
Well, that just scuttled 5 Q1 trips for me I hope UA chooses to do a promo now for what's left of the quarter. I can shift to some routes/clients that are running, but all that does is mess up Q2-4. C'mon UA. motivate us to fly UA the next 60 days.

Search this Thread