UA-Schedule changes

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dkc192
Wiki Link
UA publishes a schedule for 330 days in advance (called Beginning of Schedule) and in the past would make tweaks quarterly and things would be fairly settles 3-4 months out. Updates would occur Friday evening / Saturday morning (Chicago time). Routine additions could occur anytime.

Present updates are every Friday and sometimes mid-week usually focused on the next month and farther out.

20 Oct 2021
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
In the earnings call today, UA noted that has been transitioning back to its 'normal' (pre-pandemic) 90-day schedule load process, which should be complete in the very near future.
However, during the COVID era, UA has gone to a more dynamic and shorter-term setting of schedule (as has the other carriers). Presently UA, while UA is still publishing a schedule for 330 days in advance it reflects pre-COVID operational levels and is considered just a placeholder schedule. Then 3-5 weeks prior to a month, UA makes a major update of that month's schedule.

Examples (Major updates)
The October 2020 schedule was updated 4-5 September 2020
The November 2020 schedule was updated 2-3 October 2020
The December 2020 schedule was updated 30-31 October 2020
Holidays can move the major date a week earlier or later.
Weekly updates are still generally done over night Friday-Saturday (Chicago)

UA does not publish a summary of most schedule changes but a variety of sources below do and summaries / links of those sources can be found in this thread & wiki.

Always crosscheck with UA's Travel Notices , Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel waivers and information, www.united.com/coronavirus as the situation is dynamic

Other Resources and Statistics
Archive: COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 31, 22, 4:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Are there any insiders on here who know when UA may reinstate the EWR-PNS route? It was one-and-off the route map for a while (which I know is meaningless) even though there were no flights. EWR and SFO are the only UA hubs that don't fly there direct (EWR did, pre-COVID). I've been flying DL via ATL for a while now. Hell, I would take direct into VPS and drive at this point... Any help/tips on future "post-COVID" plans for this route are greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 31, 22, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Southwest A-List+ due to work. Otherwise, paid F or Biz for pleasure so not a mileage junkie
Originally Posted by NYC2SGN View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread, but it's about aircraft type assigned to specific routes this summer.

I've been looking at UA2435's limited history for the past two weeks, and it looks like the route has been flown by a variety of widebodies (788, 789, 766, 77W). I'm assuming that would be the case year round, since IAD-SFO is a hub-hub flight. But when I look at the schedule starting from 5/5 onward it becomes a narrowbody. I know it's too far out to know what will end up flying that route (seems like it could end up with any aircraft capable of flying that distance), but does anyone have insight into flying IAD-SFO over the summer? I would assume they'd have widebodies on these flights --unless they need larger aircraft for other routes.
It is typical to see some domestic widebody flights downgauged for the summer since widebodies are needed for the increased summer transatlantic schedule.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 8:57 am

YEG DEN question

Quick question, does anyone know if YEG -DEN will actually resume in June or will it get pushed back again? Would like to book for August but really don't want to if they aren't coming back for sure.
Old Apr 4, 22, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
TBH 2+ mo out, and certainly 4+ mo out, is too far out to predict with confidence. A lot is in flux between the demand and supply sides.
Old Apr 5, 22, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bear96 View Post
It is typical to see some domestic widebody flights downgauged for the summer since widebodies are needed for the increased summer transatlantic schedule.
Since many TPAC routes are still not operating, we might actually see more widebodies on domestic routes than in a "normal" summer.
Another factor will be how fast the grounded PW 777s will redeployed.
Old Apr 6, 22, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire
Question for you all: I see that IAH-NRT is currently on the schedule for June. This seems highly unlikely to operate. If I am scheduled for SIN-NRT-IAH (SIN-NRT on Air Japan), and NRT-IAH is cancelled, will UA allow me to change to the SIN-SFO-IAH, all on UA metal, the prior day? I don't know what the rules would be for this. Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 22, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JNelson113 View Post
Question for you all: I see that IAH-NRT is currently on the schedule for June. This seems highly unlikely to operate. If I am scheduled for SIN-NRT-IAH (SIN-NRT on Air Japan), and NRT-IAH is cancelled, will UA allow me to change to the SIN-SFO-IAH, all on UA metal, the prior day? I don't know what the rules would be for this. Thanks!
Yes, this will be possible if you do get a cancellation of NRT-IAH. That said, it is currently operating, albeit not daily, so you may not need to reroute.
JNelson113 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 22, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
Yes, this will be possible if you do get a cancellation of NRT-IAH. That said, it is currently operating, albeit not daily, so you may not need to reroute.
Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 22, 5:50 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Brief updates posted yesterday for hawaii flights in October; not sure if they were rolled out for the broader schedule.
Old Apr 8, 22, 9:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), AAdvantage Dirt, UA Silver, DL Silver
Hey everyone, new to the UA subform (scorned AA PPro that switched to DL) and just picked up a project in Denver. Is there a reason I can't find anything DEN-DFW after 2pm on Thursdays? Figured this would be a business heavy route and AA and WN both operate multiple flights.

I'm in Egencia if that matters.
Old Apr 8, 22, 11:29 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wakesetter93 View Post
Hey everyone, new to the UA subform (scorned AA PPro that switched to DL) and just picked up a project in Denver. Is there a reason I can't find anything DEN-DFW after 2pm on Thursdays? Figured this would be a business heavy route and AA and WN both operate multiple flights.
When? I see a regular 8:46pm and looks like they are adding a 5:49pm
Old Apr 8, 22, 2:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), AAdvantage Dirt, UA Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
When? I see a regular 8:46pm and looks like they are adding a 5:49pm
I'm looking at the next 2 Thursdays. They may be sold out.

Good to know on the 5:49p
Old Apr 8, 22, 4:41 pm

Programs: United Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Does anyone know what happened to the PWM-DEN nonstop for the summer? It seems to have disappeared.
Old Apr 8, 22, 9:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the PWM-DEN nonstop for the summer? It seems to have disappeared.
Not running in May
twice daily in June
Once daily in July, Aug
weekends in Sept
Old Apr 11, 22, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

I'm in Egencia if that matters.
I'm looking at the next 2 Thursdays. They may be sold out.

Good to know on the 5:49p
I see a DEN-DFW flight at 8:40pm on the next 2 Thursdays. Flight 772, if that helps
wakesetter93 likes this.

Last edited by tstauck; Apr 11, 22 at 11:53 am Reason: Added original quote / question

Search this Thread