FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA System Schedule changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2005760-ua-system-schedule-changes.html)

Kmxu Feb 22, 2023 9:47 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 35032209)
That's an awesome agent.

David

There are not many options from PVG after all the cancellations of China flights. The only remaining flight from China for the next eight months is PVG-SFO😂😂😂😂.
I said yes to whatever she suggested; from PVG-ORD-ORF to PVG-SFO-IAD-ORF.

cfischer Feb 25, 2023 7:48 am

My MCO-IAD mid April changed from a 739 to a domestic 772. UA auto assigned me a middle seat :rolleyes:

tarheelnj Feb 27, 2023 8:19 am

Have CDG-EWR saver J award flight late April booked a long time ago, with Mrs Tarheelnj. 773 chosen for the 2nd cabin bulkhead because of my height. Just noticed (no heads-up) an aircraft swap to a 781, reassigned to a few rows from the back of J. Bulkhead already taken. I called to ask if we could swap out to the later non-stop with open bulkhead, and was told no (or yes, if I paid another 140k miles). The agent said only a meaningful schedule change is grounds for a "free" flight change. Anyone have experience getting this type of change approved? I'm fine to keep calling if it's at agent discretion.

dkc192 Feb 27, 2023 10:54 am

No, this does not qualify for a free/invol change. You'd need a more substantial change in seating configuration, e.g., going from 1-2-1 Polaris to 2-2 domestic F.

rbrad Mar 18, 2023 3:24 pm

2 min phone call for free seat with extra legroom!

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I received an email that my upcoming UA flight from LHR to EWR was delayed/pushed back 30 mins. I saw a post from someone on FT that encouraged us to call in any time there is ever a schedule change made to our flights, as it is an opportunity to be compensated by the airline. I called UA and asked what they can do because of this inconvenience and they updated me to a seat with extra legroom for free! Only took 2 mins. If you don't ask, you don't get.

I'm curious, what have you gotten for free in compensation due to a forced schedule change? Any tips for future reference?

tstauck Mar 20, 2023 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by rbrad (Post 35097841)

I received an email that my upcoming UA flight from LHR to EWR was delayed/pushed back 30 mins. I saw a post from someone on FT that encouraged us to call in any time there is ever a schedule change made to our flights, as it is an opportunity to be compensated by the airline. I called UA and asked what they can do because of this inconvenience and they updated me to a seat with extra legroom for free! Only took 2 mins. If you don't ask, you don't get.

I'm curious, what have you gotten for free in compensation due to a forced schedule change? Any tips for future reference?

Great to hear! I recently had a schedule change on an award ticket on Lufthansa, giving me a 4 hour layover on the way home from Naples, Italy to LAX. Called in and they put me on UA metal instead with a shorter layover in EWR, and leaving at 10am instead of 6am.

Finally, because it's UA metal, I can now select E+ for free (as a Gold) :)

MTC1976 Mar 23, 2023 4:26 am

Schedule Change Timing

Is the most recent UA schedule change (in my case for CHS-ORD and EWR-CHS) likely the last one before my July 2023 trip, or should I expect another round before then? Thanks.

Lux Flyer Mar 23, 2023 4:59 am

UA generally firms up the schedule (in ~monthly blocks, though summer/end of year holiday periods get included earlier) about 3 months out and finalizes the schedule about 6 weeks prior (barring anything major like airport capacity issues, equipment grounding etc, no changes should happen within that window). For July flights you could theoretically have changes into late/mid May, but this month/next month should be the last big round of any changes.

MTC1976 Mar 23, 2023 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Lux Flyer (Post 35109822)
UA generally firms up the schedule (in ~monthly blocks, though summer/end of year holiday periods get included earlier) about 3 months out and finalizes the schedule about 6 weeks prior (barring anything major like airport capacity issues, equipment grounding etc, no changes should happen within that window). For July flights you could theoretically have changes into late/mid May, but this month/next month should be the last big round of any changes.

Thanks. This is helpful. Luckily this last change was in our favor.

ednort May 5, 2023 8:12 pm

EWR- CDG Plane change

Since we are on the subject involving CDG, starting tomorrow they are suddenly temporarily scaling back from 787-10 to a 777-200 for 6:30 Flt out of EWR for a week. There will be many unhappy souls because flights are way oversold now . Anyone have any idea for the A/C downgrade?

Repooc17 May 5, 2023 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by ednort (Post 35227685)
Since we are on the subject involving CDG, starting tomorrow they are suddenly temporarily scaling back from 787-10 to a 777-200 for 6:30 Flt out of EWR for a week. There will be many unhappy souls because flights are way oversold now . Anyone have any idea for the A/C downgrade?

Which 772? The Polarized version has more seats up front and in PE than 78J, which would then be considered as an upgauge.

ednort May 5, 2023 10:41 pm

This is what UA Flight Status says 777-200, unless there is an error.

Repooc17 May 5, 2023 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by ednort (Post 35227856)
This is what UA Flight Status says 777-200, unless there is an error.

772 is the short form for 777-200. UA has multiple versions of its 777-200 aircraft.

boombala May 8, 2023 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by rbrad (Post 35097841)

yes the IFE wasn't working on a recent LHR-EWR flight, I emailed and they gave 7500 miles

angetenar May 9, 2023 6:38 am

From https://www.regulations.gov/document...2019-0014-0094, LAX-NRT planned resumption Oct 28