UA-Schedule changes

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 2, 22, 4:59 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Reported June 2022 widebody suspensions
  • EWR-HNL
  • EWR-OGG
  • EWR-NRT
  • EWR-ARN
  • 2nd EWR CDG
  • 2nd SFO-FRA
  • 2nd ORD-FRA
  • IAD-HNL
  • IAD-DUB
  • IAD-GVA
  • IAD-GRU
Zero'ed out June widebody flights ???
  • DEN-HNL
  • DEN-OGG
  • ORD-HNL
  • 2nd EWR-FRA

UA publishes a schedule for 330 days in advance (called Beginning of Schedule) and in the past would make tweaks quarterly and things would be fairly settles 3-4 months out. Updates would occur Friday evening / Saturday morning (Chicago time). Routine additions could occur anytime.

Present updates are every Friday and sometimes mid-week usually focused on the next month and farther out.

20 Oct 2021
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
In the earnings call today, UA noted that has been transitioning back to its 'normal' (pre-pandemic) 90-day schedule load process, which should be complete in the very near future.
However, during the COVID era, UA has gone to a more dynamic and shorter-term setting of schedule (as has the other carriers). Presently UA, while UA is still publishing a schedule for 330 days in advance it reflects pre-COVID operational levels and is considered just a placeholder schedule. Then 3-5 weeks prior to a month, UA makes a major update of that month's schedule.

Examples (Major updates)
The October 2020 schedule was updated 4-5 September 2020
The November 2020 schedule was updated 2-3 October 2020
The December 2020 schedule was updated 30-31 October 2020
Holidays can move the major date a week earlier or later.
Weekly updates are still generally done over night Friday-Saturday (Chicago)

UA does not publish a summary of most schedule changes but a variety of sources below do and summaries / links of those sources can be found in this thread & wiki.

Always crosscheck with UA's Travel Notices , Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel waivers and information, www.united.com/coronavirus as the situation is dynamic

Other Resources and Statistics
Archive: COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 10, 22, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Latest TSA numbers and BoA airline travel booking report, suggests passenger traffic has fallen significantly since the first of the year .
TSA count was close to 85% of 2019 in late December and is now closer to 70%, corporate travel bookings had gotten to 80% of 2019 but then dropped to 40% in early Jan but is climbing again at 50% this week. Hence the empty planes and pushed out increase of international capacity.
I think that that will turn around quickly as Omicron fades in the US and people become even more eager to resume their normal lives, including travel.
Old Feb 10, 22, 9:42 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
I saw a schedule change last night. UA flooded my email box with multiple changes of the same reservation for early March. I can still search for my old flight, EWR-HND, which shows J0 and all 9ís in economy. The new flight, ORD-HND, shows J2 and all 9ís in economy. The business cabins of both flights are very empty according to the new tool for accessing early upgrade standby list. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-waitlist.html
So, I can assume that both flights will be eventually cancelled, perhaps as early as this coming weekend.
Yes, EWR-HND has been cancelled for middle March, but I think that ORD-HND will be cancelled, too. ORD-HND now has J0 and all 9's in economy. There are four business seats and 50 economy seats taken on the seat map. The return, HND-ORD, a week later, has J9 and PZ4. So, it is difficult to make an educated guess. That fact that Japan's semi-lockdown extended to March 6 does not help.
Old Feb 10, 22, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JNelson113 View Post
I think that that will turn around quickly as Omicron fades in the US and people become even more eager to resume their normal lives, including travel.
leisure travel - yes. Business travel? I don't think so. That'll take a while. I have things already cancelled through May and was essentially told to expect anything till 3Q at the earliest. That is TPAC/TATL travel of course.
Old Feb 11, 22, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Ugh, more April changes loading

EWR-HND gone and re-booked to NRT

HND-EWR-BOS done. HND-EWR gone and re-booked HND-ORD-BOS
Old Feb 11, 22, 8:54 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat; Hyatt Explorist; Marriott Titanium; Hertz Pres Cirlce
Was booked HND-IAD on 28 June and thatís now gone. Looks like the Tokyo to DC direct is gone until 28 Oct - not a good sign for TransPac return. Itís about a 3 month pushback for the originally planned return.
Old Feb 12, 22, 7:41 am

Programs: UA MM 1K
UA is moving their alternate day ORD and IAD departures to TLV (UA 140 and 72) to late evening... something like 3 to 3 1/2 hours later.

Last edited by JimInOhio; Feb 12, 22 at 11:01 am
Old Feb 12, 22, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
ORD to RNO

Been looking at non stop round trips for the above in June. Terrible times, am I missing something or has this been cut like many other seasonal routes? TIA
Old Feb 12, 22, 10:36 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Ord dfw 3/4

What the heck. UA dropped the late flight from ORD to DFW on 3/4 and put me on a 4pm. Every other day has the late flight but the 4th. Anyone think it is a glitch?
Old Feb 13, 22, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dshafiee View Post
What the heck. UA dropped the late flight from ORD to DFW on 3/4 and put me on a 4pm. Every other day has the late flight but the 4th. Anyone think it is a glitch?
That happened to me recently with BDL-IAD, was on a 2pm flight that they dropped and put me on a 8am which I couldn't make. I checked the schedule and the 2pm was still on every other day

At least for me they were flexible and put me on another flight from a different city (BTV instead, as I was already in Vermont), so worked out Ok in the end.
Old Feb 17, 22, 4:19 pm

second FRA SFO pulled from schedule

almost booked it and now gone from schedule yesterday

for late april

Last edited by boycruz; Feb 17, 22 at 4:22 pm Reason: clarification
Old Feb 18, 22, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
IAH-AMS pulled?

I was looking to see the impacts of winter storm Eunice and it looks like UA20/21 are no longer. Was this planned?
Old Feb 18, 22, 5:33 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Major updates loading now for May 6-June 2.
Old Feb 18, 22, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA PM; AA 1MM
On the schedule to start up again on March 26.
Old Feb 18, 22, 6:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
I was looking to see the impacts of winter storm Eunice and it looks like UA20/21 are no longer. Was this planned?
Looks like UA pulled IAH-AMS in January for a couple of months, suspect waiting for omicron to decrease by 26 March 2022
Old Feb 18, 22, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler View Post
Major updates loading now for May 6-June 2.
Had minor adjustments on all my flights in mid May, nothing canceled.

Search this Thread