UA-Schedule changes

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dkc192
Wiki Link
UA publishes a schedule for 330 days in advance (called Beginning of Schedule) and in the past would make tweaks quarterly and things would be fairly settles 3-4 months out. Updates would occur Friday evening / Saturday morning (Chicago time). Routine additions could occur anytime.

Present updates are every Friday and sometimes mid-week usually focused on the next month and farther out.

20 Oct 2021
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
In the earnings call today, UA noted that has been transitioning back to its 'normal' (pre-pandemic) 90-day schedule load process, which should be complete in the very near future.
However, during the COVID era, UA has gone to a more dynamic and shorter-term setting of schedule (as has the other carriers). Presently UA, while UA is still publishing a schedule for 330 days in advance it reflects pre-COVID operational levels and is considered just a placeholder schedule. Then 3-5 weeks prior to a month, UA makes a major update of that month's schedule.

Examples (Major updates)
The October 2020 schedule was updated 4-5 September 2020
The November 2020 schedule was updated 2-3 October 2020
The December 2020 schedule was updated 30-31 October 2020
Holidays can move the major date a week earlier or later.
Weekly updates are still generally done over night Friday-Saturday (Chicago)

UA does not publish a summary of most schedule changes but a variety of sources below do and summaries / links of those sources can be found in this thread & wiki.

Always crosscheck with UA's Travel Notices , Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel waivers and information, www.united.com/coronavirus as the situation is dynamic

Other Resources and Statistics
Archive: COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Old May 4, 22, 9:19 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
When did UA cut SFO-FLL/MIA? I was surprised to see I couldn't buy a ticket on that route.
Old May 4, 22, 9:57 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Further tweaks to June occurring right now (beyond the 777s discussed above). I had 2 minor changes hit tonight.
Old May 5, 22, 3:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by nnn View Post
When did UA cut SFO-FLL/MIA? I was surprised to see I couldn't buy a ticket on that route.
SFO-FLL dropped off the schedule this week.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34200036-post47.html
nnn likes this.
Old May 5, 22, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by waddy View Post
Just checked HNL-IAD on 6/22 and its zero'd out as well.
yep. IAD-HNL is zeroed out through 6/30 and OGG-EWR through 7/3
Old May 6, 22, 2:36 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by econ View Post
SFO-FLL dropped off the schedule this week.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34200036-post47.html
Flew it this week. Loads in the back were not impressive; wonder if AA/AS tie-up is making it tougher.
Old May 6, 22, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Diamond
All flights cancelled

Unbelievable. No words. All three nonstops cancelled. Trip very much ruined.
Old May 6, 22, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by e53nyc View Post
When? EWR-HNL flew today
Old May 6, 22, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
When? EWR-HNL flew today
Yes, there was indeed a Polaris-equipped 772 surrounding me EWR-HNL today. I'm back home, so UA is free to cancel any other EWR-HNL non-stops it wishes for the summer months .

The plane was almost full and commanding pretty good fares last couple of weeks. UA looks like it might have a good summer, revenue-wise, but might be higher if they don't have to cut the non-stop wide-bodies out of EWR and IAD.
Old May 6, 22, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by e53nyc View Post
My outgoing non-stop shows "This flight segment is cancelled or not confirmed."
My return non-stop now routes through SFO.
These flights are in the time period of 26MAY-30JUN I mentioned with the original post.
Old May 6, 22, 9:53 pm

Absolute madness. Was on the phone with the agent trying to swap flights to an aircraft that was half empty, and it sold out as she was making the changes. Wonder if more options open up over the next few days?
Old May 6, 22, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ebullient View Post
My outgoing non-stop shows "This flight segment is cancelled or not confirmed."
My return non-stop now routes through SFO.
These flights are in the time period of 26MAY-30JUN I mentioned with the original post.
The flight will probably still go from EWR - they just don't know the plane. Otherwise they will route you via ORD, SFO, DEN, IAH, or LAX.
Old May 6, 22, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Diamond
Route Suspension

This is not an aircraft swap. They cancelled the three flights for this time period. Equally bad, zero accommodations.
Old May 6, 22, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
The flight will probably still go from EWR - they just don't know the plane. Otherwise they will route you via ORD, SFO, DEN, IAH, or LAX.
Both EWR-HNL and vice versa seem to be gone for the time period. Lots of struggle to rereoute. System is a mess right now. Some flights showing as bookable options have no seats available to select. Other options are appearing and disappearing at random seems like.
Old May 7, 22, 5:29 am

Programs: United Premier Silver
My EWR-NRT flight in June was cancelled. was on the upgrade waitlist from Premium Plus. Now forced into a connecting flight in LA, and PP not available on my NRT flight.
Old May 7, 22, 5:53 am

Programs: United
United Cancels EWR->NRT for June

Has United been flying EWR->NRT recently? With no flights to HKG I was surprised to see NRT shut down in June just when things were opening up in some areas of SE Asia. Maybe United wants us all to go through the other hub in Japan HNG but connections are often horrible going that way. Should we expect NRT flights from EWR to be cancelled for July as well?

Search this Thread