Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
By 2023, UA has returned to the more traditional pre-COVID schedule update process. There are still some closer in changes but far less than during the COVID era.

UA publishes a schedule for 330 days in advance (called Beginning of Schedule) and in the past would make tweaks quarterly and things would be fairly settles 3-4 months out. Updates would occur Friday evening / Saturday morning (Chicago time). Routine additions could occur anytime.

Present updates are every Friday and sometimes mid-week usually focused on the next month and farther out.
Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

20 Oct 2021
Originally Posted by EWR764
In the earnings call today, UA noted that has been transitioning back to its 'normal' (pre-pandemic) 90-day schedule load process, which should be complete in the very near future.
However, during the COVID era, UA has gone to a more dynamic and shorter-term setting of schedule (as has the other carriers). Presently UA, while UA is still publishing a schedule for 330 days in advance it reflects pre-COVID operational levels and is considered just a placeholder schedule. Then 3-5 weeks prior to a month, UA makes a major update of that month's schedule.

Examples (Major updates)
The October 2020 schedule was updated 4-5 September 2020
The November 2020 schedule was updated 2-3 October 2020
The December 2020 schedule was updated 30-31 October 2020
Holidays can move the major date a week earlier or later.
Weekly updates are still generally done over night Friday-Saturday (Chicago)

UA does not publish a summary of most schedule changes but a variety of sources below do and summaries / links of those sources can be found in this thread & wiki.

Always crosscheck with UA's Travel Notices , Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel waivers and information, www.united.com/coronavirus as the situation is dynamic

Other Resources and Statistics
Archive: COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
new Archive : UA-Schedule changes {Archive}
Print Wikipost

UA System Schedule changes

Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Thread title should be "No UA PHX to EWR redeyes in March and April 2024?"
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Got hit with numerous LH schedules changes for the summer schedule over night. UA codeshares seems to have updated as well. Schedule and equipment changes ... had some seat changes as well.
Best to check summer LH reservations.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I got hit with a schedule change that gave me a negative 75 minute connection in Tokyo. I had to call in to fix it because one leg was on ANA.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RJNYC
I got hit with a schedule change that gave me a negative 75 minute connection in Tokyo. I had to call in to fix it because one leg was on ANA.
I had a similar issue a couple months ago. I decided to leave it alone and see what happened. After several days someone fixed it for me without me asking at all.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: UA1K
Is the information at the top of the thread still accurate? i.e. UA has been doing schedule changes 3-5 weeks ahead for an entire month? I know it looks like that info has not been updated for a few years, so wanted to check with smarter people than I
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:45 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
Is the information at the top of the thread still accurate? i.e. UA has been doing schedule changes 3-5 weeks ahead for an entire month? I know it looks like that info has not been updated for a few years, so wanted to check with smarter people than I
UA is back to a more normal 3 months or so but that does not preclude closer in changes or changes related to special situation like the MAX9 (but that situation appears to be ending). Will update the wiki.
SPN Lifer, ty97 and unitedwildcat like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, National Executive
Got hit with a schedule change today for July. Moved from mainline to Skywest and intl connection at ORD was halved.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got hit with schedule changes for 8/30 !!!
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:19 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
Just got hit with schedule changes for 8/30 !!!
i got changes for BOS-EWR 8/28 and EWR-BOS 12/1 but both are only flight number changes
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:53 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
i got changes for BOS-EWR 8/28 and EWR-BOS 12/1 but both are only flight number changes
And then 6 more hit..lots of time changes and Max9's coming back
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting hit with additional August schedule changes tonight ..

and some minor ones in October and December. Ugh

Last edited by cfischer; Mar 6, 2024 at 5:42 pm
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:56 pm

Have an early August domestic trip now not showing equipment or seat assignments. Hoping they swap the A319 for a 773 😂
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geckoflyer
Have an early August domestic trip now not showing equipment or seat assignments. Hoping they swap the A319 for a 773 😂
they usually come back next morning. All of mine did
geckoflyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.