FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA System Schedule changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2005760-ua-system-schedule-changes.html)

kirkwoodj Jun 22, 2023 7:11 am

Mesa has been with United Express for years. Have flown them many times in Southwestern USA

psiachp Jun 22, 2023 7:49 am

I had a schedule change on an award ticket EWR-IAH-SYD that was booked for 80K one-way for that week in March 2024 that was offered at this low price in United I. (All UA)
The website is offering a one-time change limited to +/- 1 day, but it seems free changes must be in the same "class" - I assume that's "I" which is non-existent obviously for Australia fares...
(When I try to change the date or time same day all reprices using UA metal are in the 250-400K range)

Would calling or texting yield better results?

jsloan Jun 22, 2023 7:52 am

Originally Posted by psiachp (Post 35353361)
I had a schedule change on an award ticket EWR-IAH-SYD that was booked for 80K one-way for that week in March 2024 that was offered at this low price in United I. (All UA)
The website is offering a one-time change limited to +/- 1 day, but it seems free changes must be in the same "class" - I assume that's "I" which is non-existent obviously for Australia fares...
(When I try to change the date or time same day all reprices using UA metal are in the 250-400K range)

Would calling or texting yield better results?

Yes, you’re likely to have better luck with an actual agent.

forthecookies Jun 27, 2023 7:42 pm

Just had a schedule change on LH flights (not UA codeshares) that I booked through UA. This is part of a cash ticket. UA now doesn't reflect the seats I selected on LH, even though the LH site shows them. Is this normal, or should I be concerned?

WineCountryUA Jun 27, 2023 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by forthecookies (Post 35368336)
Just had a schedule change on LH flights (not UA codeshares) that I booked through UA. This is part of a cash ticket. UA now doesn't reflect the seats I selected on LH, even though the LH site shows them. Is this normal, or should I be concerned?

normal if the LH operated flights are correct on LH

what was the timeframe of the changes?

cfischer Jun 28, 2023 5:55 am

Originally Posted by forthecookies (Post 35368336)

10% of the time does UA show my LH seats (at all or correctly). Whatever LH shows is correct.

forthecookies Jun 28, 2023 10:20 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 35368358)
normal if the LH operated flights are correct on LH

what was the timeframe of the changes?

Thanks! Flight is in December.

cfischer Jul 26, 2023 6:10 pm

o.k., the expected August EWR changes are hitting my account tonight.

In addition I am getting January domestic changes already.

What's up with changes on a Wednesday????

N104UA Jul 26, 2023 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 35447324)
o.k., the expected August EWR changes are hitting my account tonight.

In addition I am getting January domestic changes already.

I am getting Christmastime schedule changes as well. My guess is that UA is putting in August changes at EWR and wanted to get them in ASAP so loaded other regular schedule changes from this Friday

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/united-airlines-details-temporary-newark-flight-cuts-2023-07-26/

MBS MillionMiler Jul 27, 2023 9:35 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 35447324)

They've been doing Wednesday/Friday updates starting at about 7PM Eastern since at least the start of the pandemic. Wednesday is generally a little less drastic than Friday, but exceptions have existed--and with something as major as the EWR cuts, this is such an exception.

djohannw Aug 11, 2023 3:40 pm

Has United's schedule change frequency become quite a bit lower than pre-pandemic? I was used to get schedule changes on long-out booked flights monthly at least in the past until about two month before flights-date, but for my recent trip which I booked in February for October, so far I only had one schedule change. I normally always book the cheapest option I can find to my destination and then change to the actually-desired routing and times once a change occurs, but this time I was really sweating it until that one single change came about...

Greetings - Dirk

DELee Aug 11, 2023 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by djohannw (Post 35490144)
Has United's schedule change frequency become quite a bit lower than pre-pandemic? I was used to get schedule changes on long-out booked flights monthly at least in the past until about two month before flights-date, but for my recent trip which I booked in February for October, so far I only had one schedule change. I normally always book the cheapest option I can find to my destination and then change to the actually-desired routing and times once a change occurs, but this time I was really sweating it until that one single change came about...

Greetings - Dirk

They're on to you... :)

David

mahasamatman Aug 11, 2023 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 35490191)
They're on to you...

I'm sure that was tongue-in-cheek, but I suspect that's basically it. Their scheduling algorithms have likely improved to the point where they can reduce the number of large schedule changes that allow this kind of abuse. Of course, the next step would be to follow Air Canada where your only choices are to accept the change or cancel. In my experience, they don't allow free changes regardless of how large or onerous the schedule change is.

cfischer Aug 11, 2023 6:34 pm

I just got hit with a ton of schedule changes.
October - EWR-BOS going from lie-flat 752 to 73M
December - TATL schedule change
January - TATL schedule change
February - TPAC schedule change

22calbr Aug 12, 2023 11:33 am

(I) award on UA917 (via LAX) was changed to arrive 1 hr later. Was able to change to UA642 departing a day earlier.