Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 Let's Eat - United Premium Plus (International / Premium Transcon)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Let's Eat - United Premium Plus (International / Premium Transcon)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dkc192
Yes, this is similar to the meal I got in PP last fall.
I think UA had issues with the original roll out of PP on select transcon flights last fall and at the very beginning, PP wasn't sold as PP but as Economy Plus so flyers were getting the new PP hard product with Economy Plus service.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fly747first
I think UA had issues with the original roll out of PP on select transcon flights last fall and at the very beginning, PP wasn't sold as PP but as Economy Plus so flyers were getting the new PP hard product with Economy Plus service.
I was booked in PP as a separate class of service, but not long after it was introduced and sold as such.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
I was booked in PP as a separate class of service, but not long after it was introduced and sold as such.
I believe you but to my understanding UA had delays rolling out the PP soft product on transcon flights even after it started selling PP as a separate class
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
TATL in Prem Y : EWR-LHR Service?

Hi,

Does anyone have a recent experience in Prem Y EWR-LHR? Meals, drinks, etc

It sounds like Polaris is not worth it, but trying to decide if Prem Y is. Based on loads, the alternative is a lot of empty space in E+.

My alternative is LH via FRA.

Thank you
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by winovin
Hi,

Does anyone have a recent experience in Prem Y EWR-LHR? Meals, drinks, etc

It sounds like Polaris is not worth it, but trying to decide if Prem Y is. Based on loads, the alternative is a lot of empty space in E+.

My alternative is LH via FRA.

Thank you

not necessarily related, but anytime I have the opportunity to book PremY, I always do so. I'm glad UA got on board with this. Have always done LH/OS, waiting to try UA.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hi Calmsp,

Thank you for your reply.

Ordinarily I would agree, but when I have been looking at seat maps for prospective flights over the next few weeks, PP is more heavily booked then E+. So I can have lots of space in E+ if service is the same.

FWIW I flew over VS in coach and it was fine, but no announcement that drinks are only with the meal. I was rebooked from Delta so I was not aware of this limitation.

Best regards
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
A friend has recently flown UA Y on FRA-EWR and LH W on IAD-FRA and in both flights, he got the same service that he would have got pre-COVID.
If you are aware of UA's PremiumPlus offerings before COVID, you would get the same exact service but a bit modified due to COVID ( meals wrapped, etc... )
Old Nov 28, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
A friend of mine flew transcon EWR-LAX in PP very recently and said he got a glass plated meal in PP with the polaris/J class tablecloth. The meal was eggs, sausage, tomato, etc, and a dole cup. When did this start? I thought transcon PP got the same plastic tray meal as E+?
Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
A friend of mine flew transcon EWR-LAX in PP very recently and said he got a glass plated meal in PP with the polaris/J class tablecloth. The meal was eggs, sausage, tomato, etc, and a dole cup. When did this start? I thought transcon PP got the same plastic tray meal as E+?
Well, according to this thread, dates at least back to September.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Well, according to this thread, dates at least back to September.
ah, just scrolled up and had a look. That's cool to know, thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: United 1K
Flew LAX-EWR on Thanksgiving. Sat in PP, sold as E+ (777-200). Was served same dinner as in J with same presentation. Unfortunately, J went out with 40 seats open (not even 1 standby) and buy-ups were $499 from T fare to J up until gate closed.

Whole flight had ~40 passengers.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newyorktola
Flew LAX-EWR on Thanksgiving. Sat in PP, sold as E+ (777-200). Was served same dinner as in J with same presentation. Unfortunately, J went out with 40 seats open (not even 1 standby) and buy-ups were $499 from T fare to J up until gate closed.

Whole flight had ~40 passengers.
Sounds like UA's ancillary revenue team messed up as usual. Upgrade rates often drop significantly closer to departure time. If it makes you feel better, you didn't miss out on much other than the flat bed, as UA isn't even providing the full Saks duvets in premium transcon flights anymore.
cmd320 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
International premium economy meals

Any experience with the above-mentioned premium econ meals? Same as economy or not?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 4, 2020 at 12:32 pm Reason: Moved to PP meal thread
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Any experience with the above-mentioned premium econ meals? Same as economy or not?
I don't think they've ever been the same.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Dec 4, 2020 at 2:18 pm Reason: clarification
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I don't think they've ever been the same.
PP and Y+ were the same, but during COVID-19 PP is the same as business class. Economy Plus no longer gets a meal. Expect exactly the same thing, potentially without the mixed nuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.