Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United.bomb searching for "nearby" cities unprompted?!?

Old Jan 15, 20, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver

Got this wonderful result just now. Notice I searched for SRQ and the first 2 entries are TPA and RSW! If I wasn't paying attention, I could have booked the wrong ticket. What on earth are they thinking? These aren't even considered coterminal for fare construction. They're not even the same metro area (well, SRQ and TPA are close). At least they didn't sub PHL or BOS for EWR!
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:53 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
I just did the same search for the same 1 way and same day, it returned UA 1880 [email protected]:15 for $249. 2nd on list was UAX at 11:30 then the night flight...all on the routing put in the search, then it lists connections. Check your settings, clear caches
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Weird. I can't seem to reproduce it. So maybe just a glitch? I certainly did not search for those other cities (at least not in the last few days). In fact, I don't even think you can search for multiple origin cities, correct?
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:46 pm

did you click on this? (Nearby airport, check flights at airports near Sarasota, FL )

I clicked on it, and see the results in your first post (additional origin airports). the from/to airport search box still says SRQ-> EWR

sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
did you click on this? (Nearby airport, check flights at airports near Sarasota, FL )

I clicked on it, and see the results in your first post (additional origin airports). the from/to airport search box still says SRQ-> EWR

No. Well at least not intentionally! I generally have 10+ tabs open and I'm not too careful with my clicks so that was probably it! Thanks!!!
Old Yesterday, 1:16 am

The image paperwastage posted seems to be gone (at least for me). So that other people know what's being discussed, here's a image from United.com showing the nearby airports link that (probably) was clicked. Forgive my inelegant arrow.

sexykitten7 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: