Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

allowed to check in at the FC check in counter - mixed cabin, economy, then business?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

allowed to check in at the FC check in counter - mixed cabin, economy, then business?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

flying on a UA award ticket in business. domestic portion hasn't cleared into first yet, still in economy; but the overseas portion is in business. can i check in at the FC counter?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by omaralt
flying on a UA award ticket in business. domestic portion hasn't cleared into first yet, still in economy; but the overseas portion is in business. can i check in at the FC counter?
Is it Polaris? If so, then the signage would permit you to do so as you will be in Polaris.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Is it Polaris?
its on swiss
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by omaralt
its on swiss
Technically 'no', but I can't see them sending you away if your TATL segment is on a *A partner in J.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
At the entry point, just ask "Hello, is this Business Class Check-in?" (Make sure you don't have preprinted tickets out.)

Almost everywhere is self check-in so by the time you see speak to the next person you'll have your tickets and your bag tags will be printed.

If for some reason you get really "lucky" and a person checks you in, ask them to let you since this is a United-issued international business-class ticket.

As cfischer says, hard to imagine them turning you away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.