Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Taal Volcano (January 12, 2020 - January 14, 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airports:
  • Manila, PH (MNL)
Rebook by January 17, 2020. Original ticket must have been purchased by: January 11, 2020.

Waiver (normal folks): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...eptionPolicies

Waiver Parameter Code (posted): 1+

David

narvik likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
A friend of mine was supposed to go on the PAL SFO-MNL nontstop which was cancelled tonight - so head this warning
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
A friend of mine was supposed to go on the PAL SFO-MNL nontstop which was cancelled tonight - so head this warning
From the pictures that I've seen, if you're looking to go anywhere northwest of Taal, including Manila, I'd (a) buy a package of good respiratory masks and (b) consider postponing the trip for a few days, at a minimum. There are several centimeters of ash covering everything; it's going to take some time to dig out, and it's not like they have a bunch of snow removal equipment to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.