Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No More Auto-Generated Comp for Delays Under Six Hours

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Auto-Generated Comp for Delays Under Six Hours

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
And SFO, and EWR, and DEN
I was going for a bad-weather hub that kills both UA and AA, but yes (although DEN is actually pretty good for delays).
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I won't miss it just because after 2.5 million miles and numerous delays...I NEVER received one....
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Kind of funny how different UA approach is to DL. DL I had a delay, and cancelled/refunded my ticket and flew another carrier. DL proactively called me after and asked if there was anything they could do. I said nope, I've already booked myself on another carrier. DL agent said, ok i'm going to send you a $100 check.

This happened around 1am and I thought I was dreaming or a scam so let him say my address first. Thought for sure I had misunderstood and maybe it was $100 voucher, or $100 in skypesos, or something, but no. $100 check arrived when they had already refunded my ticket (and knew as such).
or $100 in skypesos Made me LMAO!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.