Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Please advice on how to seek compensation - Too many problems on my recent UA flight

Please advice on how to seek compensation - Too many problems on my recent UA flight

Old Jan 7, 20, 7:54 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Situations like this are especially tough when traveling with family. While there is always one biz class seat available somewhere, it is rare to find 4 in peak times. To be honest, this kind of scenario is why I really cherish GS status. The GS team tends to be super-proactive about protecting me on alternate routings.
Old Jan 7, 20, 8:08 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by QBK View Post
For what it's worth, I actually think the amount of detail given in the OP was close to appropriate. A lot of FT posts are way too long and rambling, with irrelevant details, but IMO zoonil's post was spot on.
1. Transpacific business class flight canceled for mechanical reasons. And then the replacement flight returned to EWR, also for mechanical reasons. Caused a 2-day avoidable delay.
2. On top of that delay, the only option offered to get to your destination even 2 days late was in economy (see below re: "downgrade" term).
3. 5 checked bags lost for 5 days. Major personal and emotional consequences.
4. The special vegetarian meals that you pre-ordered were not available on two consecutive business class flights.
I agree completely ,this needs to framed for what it is , I might even flesh it out a little more and send it to a business school so that they can use it as a case study in incompetence and systemic failure
Old Jan 7, 20, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wanderingkev View Post
I agree completely ,this needs to framed for what it is , I might even flesh it out a little more and send it to a business school so that they can use it as a case study in incompetence and systemic failure
let me know if you have a contact (business school or travel journalist) if this can help UA handle such situations better in the future
Old Jan 7, 20, 3:41 pm

Different issues, different flights: separate complaints

Originally Posted by zoonil View Post
Hi,
Pretty much every thing which can go wrong went with my recent United flight and wanted to share my experience, as well as seek advice on remediation/ compensation.

I think the issues should be submitted separately. If you list them all in one complaint, UA will be more likely to give you a lower, lump sum 'offer'.

Some of the issues are so significant that you should not risk that they get lost in the mix.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: