Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United new lease of 24 of 39 gates at DEN

Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.

United Airlines lease agreement with the city of Denver is up for approval before the Denver city Council to lease 24 of 39 (60 percent) of the new gates at Denver airport.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biz...s-dia.amp.html

behind pay wall
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
How many do they have now?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by narvik
How many do they have now?
66, I believe.

The Chicago-based carrier and airport officials have reached an agreement for United to add 24 gates for a total complement of 90 at Denver (DEN), United spokesperson Rachel Rivas and Denver Airport spokesperson Alex Renteria confirmed to TPG. The deal also includes an expansion of the airline’s two United Clubs on Concourse B, as well as adding a new United Club on Concourse A — though no Polaris Lounge is planned.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...ng-denver-hub/
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Expanded B clubs and an A club would definitely help the overcrowding. But adding more flights might negate that. Would be nice that maybe instead of a full blown Polaris lounge they had a Polaris “nook” in one of the clubs with self-serve bar and sit down dining.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm
Expanded B clubs and an A club would definitely help the overcrowding. But adding more flights might negate that. Would be nice that maybe instead of a full blown Polaris lounge they had a Polaris “nook” in one of the clubs with self-serve bar and sit down dining.
I guess PL comes down to how many $5,000-15,000 tickets they’re going to sell on a daily basis to long haul destinations served by UA and *A partners. It’s just 1 flight each to FRA, NRT and LHR, right?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
I guess PL comes down to how many $5,000-15,000 tickets they’re going to sell on a daily basis to long haul destinations served by UA and *A partners. It’s just 1 flight each to FRA, NRT and LHR, right?
I think all the connecting traffic on UA outbound or inbound would have access too. I’m sure there’s a size able amount of traffic through SFO to Asia.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
MUC as well.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
FRA is both United and LH
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC 25K
Between UA and WN expansion, we could see up to 200 more flights per day at DEN. Wonder if they'll start running into runway congestion.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by bart889
Between UA and WN expansion, we could see up to 200 more flights per day at DEN. Wonder if they'll start running into runway congestion.
Doubtful. Not to mention DEN has room to add many more gates, and even more concourses. If memory serves we have room for 3 more runways..
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Doubtful. Not to mention DEN has room to add many more gates, and even more concourses. If memory serves we have room for 3 more runways..
That would make 9.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Actually, Denver has room for 6 more runways in addition to the 6 it has for a total of 12.

(www.flydenver.com --> About Denver \ Media Center \ Runways and Airfield)
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by norge
Actually, Denver has room for 6 more runways in addition to the 6 it has for a total of 12.

(www.flydenver.com --> About Denver \ Media Center \ Runways and Airfield)
So point being DEN has room for growth.
N104UA likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:54 pm

Also some outdoor terraces coming to all 3 concourses. One at each end of B and one each on A and C. Welcomed, though wish they were attached to the United clubs too.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...6-80bfac26ec6e
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Interesting how things have changed. I remember pre merger and pre bankruptcy, people on different forums saying how United was going to have their a$$ handed to them by Southwest and Frontier at Denver. From my totally non scientific observation, it does seem the merger between United and Continental's hubs really brought strength to the whole system.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.