Wiki Posts
Search

Australia to US - J availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
OK good to know.

But in the case of Australia-US flights, you have to be prepared to fly it all in Y if your upgrade request doesn't come through.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry

Today being the 6th there is heaps from the 19th to the 24th, I saw one PZ7

if you can handle the suspense I would wait it out

Last edited by Jimmie Jet; Jan 6, 2020 at 11:45 pm Reason: Picture
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
There’s some good availability of J awards, SFO-SYD, departing 2/8 to 2/11, returning 2/20 or 2/25, from 170-185k miles, with some UA and some partner flights.

maybe because of last minute, maybe because or corona virus making people shy away from traveling west.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by wco81
OK good to know.

But in the case of Australia-US flights, you have to be prepared to fly it all in Y if your upgrade request doesn't come through.
As someone whose upgrade requests have not come through one too many times on flights to SYD, and I did try again last July and again was stuck in E+, I fly airlines that have PE to SYD. Think NZ and SQ. I am flying SQ in PE in July to SYD.

There are apparently seasonal flights to SYD on UA with the PP cabin and I would certainly be willing to fly UA in PP to SYD in case the upgrade did not come through. The OP should check the dates and see if PP may be available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.