Search

2020 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The katsu dish is a little heavy for a pre-arrival meal.
Hmm. Personally, I think having a katsu dish for arrival is awesome.

David
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by DELee

David
Me too. It is my favorite arrival meal.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Flight was empty, 23 out of 60J seats occupied. Back cabin only had 7 passengers.
I hope you are referring to the rear business cabin and not coach.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum

David
Agree! The Katsu dish comes from the Main Meal from PP cabin.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by st530
Oh joy, looks like they've really spiced things up by introducing a Polaris version of the tired domestic egg white and kale pastry …

Egg white bites with peppers are extremely popular at Starbucks. I bet this is United's take on that dish.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat

David
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Me too. It is my favorite arrival meal.
I don't think it is bad dish either, but they have served it for at least seven years ,UA's menus...don't get me started on 20 years of spare rib futures they bought
are tired and unchanging for a frequent traveler , if I flew paid Polaris again which there is no immediate possibility of, I would almost welcome the pork chop back. Its time for UA to get some proper chefs to create a range of changing menus ,I would take annually from the current decade with the dream of seasonal menu's. Fire Charlie Trotter and co and send them back their hot dog vans or where ever he came from, get a leader /VP to sort out the food ,change up the menu's, dump a bunch of items.The cat threw up in croissant domestic breakfast offering that made its way to international , the sad shrimp twins starter, some of the desperate salads,...and dressings ...I contribute to the ban the balsamic vinaigrette campaign. Chilled oatmeal ...the only people who ate that where I am from had there utilities cut off....I'm rambling now
They really need to lift the game.
UA_Flyer, AeRoSpaceman and gcashin like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Since afternoon/evening arrival in Japan, I think the katsu is very appropriate and something I look forward to
MatthewLAX and gcashin like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by dilanesp

Egg white bites with peppers are extremely popular at Starbucks. I bet this is United's take on that dish.
But United's version also has chicken sausage, roasted potatoes, and fruit. That's entirely too many calories for any normal person, especially for a second meal. In any event, as long as the fruit is good, the rest can be terrible, because with so much quantity, who needs quality?
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Last edited by st530; Mar 7, 2020 at 4:45 pm
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Jkrun03
01/08/2020 FRA-IAD 777-200

Got served the largest portion of meat I've ever had on a plane, ha, it was short rib and I slathered it in butter since it didn't really come with a sauce. I looked around and mine was definitely the exception in size. Quite good and it absolutely stuffed me. It came with carrots and a potato au-gratin type thing that was good as well.
That is absolutely not short rib.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 7, 2020 at 4:32 pm Reason: In consideration of folks on smaller screens please be selected when quaoting a large group of images
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by physioprof
That is absolutely not short rib.
I agree. It looks like a straight up sirloin steak with melted butter on top. Actually a nice size steak from the picture. Wish there was a picture of the middle (medium rare guy). Even if a little overdone I would be all over that on a plane!!
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

David
I'd trade that any day for the TATL w/b pre-arrival dish!
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by st530
But United's version also has chicken sausage, roasted potatoes, and fruit. That's entirely too many calories for any normal person, especially for a second meal. In any event, as long as the fruit is good, the rest can be terrible, because with so much quantity, who needs quality?
I have never said United shouldn't serve large meals. I have said that when they DO serve large meals, complaints that the meals aren't even larger have no merit. And similarly, in the context of a large meal, the fact that one item isn't that good is relatively unimportant, so long as there is enough to eat.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 8, 2020 at 5:35 pm Reason: unhelpful comment removed
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingkev
I occasionally wonder just how many years of short rib futures UA is in for
That was on the menu on an EWR->BCN flight we had back in 6/2015, guess they just don't like change.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I have never said United shouldn't serve large meals. I have said that when they DO serve large meals, complaints that the meals aren't even larger have no merit. And similarly, in the context of a large meal, the fact that one item isn't that good is relatively unimportant, so long as there is enough to eat.
We don't really agree on what constitutes a "large meal". What you feel is large, is likely very small for many of us.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
We don't really agree on what constitutes a "large meal". What you feel is large, is likely very small for many of us.
not to mention what constitutes “delicious.”
st530 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.