Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
What to expect - As of December 2020, for premium cabin:

Flights under 1 hour

Beverages upon request. No snacks.

Flights between 1 hour and 2 hours 20 minutes

Full beverage service (for all flights over 1 hour)
All-in-one snack bag with wrapped sanitizer wipe, 8.5-ounce bottled water and two snacks.

Non-Premium Transcon Flights over 2 hours 20 minutes from following cities:

BOS/ORD/CLE/DEN/FLL/RSW/IAH/LAX/EWR/MCO/SFO/TPA/IAD
Honolulu to LAX/SFO
Kahului to LAX/SFO
  • Morning flights: Everything bagel baguette with veggie cream cheese or Turkey Monte with Raspberry Jam
  • Afternoon/evening flights: Tomato Basil and Mozzarella Focaccia or Carved Roasted Chicken on Italian Flatbread
Field report is showing sandwiches catered for 50% of the cabin
  • All flights: Snack box, if preferred/only option available
Flights over 2 hours 20 minutes from other cities
  • Snack box (there are reports of sandwiches being served, either double-catered or left over from inbound flight)
Premium Transcon and Hawaii to/from non-West Coast cities
  • One tray service of hot entree, salad, bread, nuts, single-serve ice cream
  • Packaged snack for pre-arrival
  • Poured wine for select premium routes
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

This thread is for premium cabin flights marketed as United First, United Business, and Premium transcontinental services. This includes:
  • North America (including all 50 US States, Canada, and Mexico)
  • Caribbean and Latin America (excluding Brazil, Argentina, and Chile)
  • Intra-Pacific/Oceania/Micronesia (such as HNL-GUM and GUM-MNL)
  • Select European Routes (such as to/from KEF)
Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

Here's United's official page on North America premium cabin dining (including meal time windows):
https://www.united.com/web/en-us/con...ng.aspx?POS=US

North American premium cabin dining includes all First and Business class flights (including p.s. Premium Service) within North America, the Caribbean, and Latin America

For the curious folks, the 2019 thread is here:
2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

With that, Let's Eat 2020!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
I chose not to eat last night and slept instead

January 2020 Premium Transcon Service

Chilled Appetizer -Prosciutto, Gruyere Cheese
Salad -Napa Cabbage, Red Cabbage, Mango, Served with Dressing

Seared Beef Short Rib -Bordelaise, Polenta Cake, Kale with Orange Marmalade
Grilled Chicken Breast -Romesco Sauce, Grits, Green Beans
Four Cheese Ravioli -Creamy Tomato Sauce, Broccolini

Signature Sunday
Sweet Treats and Fresh Fruit
Cheese and Red Seedless Grapes

Pre-Arrival
Tasty Snacks and Freshly Prepared Wraps
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
January 4, 2020
LGA - IAH
UA 657

Breakfast: spinach quiche. Other option was the "protein plate"

Overall, it wasn't bad. I'd have it again. It was more substantial than I expected and the biscuit was served warm and was tasty. Great service this morning from a younger FA who was on the ball and very proactive with drink refills.

kirkwoodj and TEBraniff like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-EWR 6 Jan 2020 1020 am departure 763 (Polarisized) seat 5L

2020 looking a lot like 2019 (and 2018, 2017, etc.). No PDB offered. Choice of cold soba noodle salad with chicken or the hot tandoori chicken. Tandoori chicken portion looked smaller but maybe Im just cynical. Interesting placement of pretzel roll but it was hot and tasty. I took a close-up of the salad to try to show the chintziness of the portion size but the pic probably makes it look better than it was. Despite the small size, it tasted very fresh and crispy. No Prosecco loaded so got what I believe was a (buttery) Chardonnay.

Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
January 4, 2020
LGA - IAH
UA 657

Breakfast: spinach quiche. Other option was the "protein plate"

Overall, it wasn't bad. I'd have it again. It was more substantial than I expected and the biscuit was served warm and was tasty. Great service this morning from a younger FA who was on the ball and very proactive with drink refills.

That's what I had this morning from DEN-IAH, except no biscuit. This is a Kale and Egg White Quiche and yes, it is one of the better offerings on the UA domestic rota.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
UA243
DEN-SFO
757-300
Snack

An old standby, soba noodles with sliced beef. The other choice was a cheese plate, which seemed to be the more popular of the two. I enjoyed my noodles with an old fashioned and some episodes of "Mom." The fresh ginger is a nice addition. The Ghirardelli caramel square is a poor dessert but in and of itself is fine. Good service and not skimpy with the drink refills.

Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlackBear05
I chose not to eat last night and slept instead

January 2020 Premium Transcon Service

Chilled Appetizer -Prosciutto, Gruyere Cheese
Salad -Napa Cabbage, Red Cabbage, Mango, Served with Dressing

Seared Beef Short Rib -Bordelaise, Polenta Cake, Kale with Orange Marmalade
Grilled Chicken Breast -Romesco Sauce, Grits, Green Beans
Four Cheese Ravioli -Creamy Tomato Sauce, Broccolini

Signature Sunday
Sweet Treats and Fresh Fruit
Cheese and Red Seedless Grapes

Pre-Arrival
Tasty Snacks and Freshly Prepared Wraps
Thanks for sharing!
Is that East and/or Westbound?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 2278 IAD-LAX, 1/5/2020
777-200

My PlusPoints upgrade--applied less than 24 hours before over the phone as part of an SDC from a different routing--cleared after they'd finished boarding this 8:40 a.m. departure. Happily, somebody no-showed and I got to spend the next five hours in a lie-flat Polaris seat instead of the premium-economy seat that by itself would have represented an upgrade over the usual transcon experience.

Breakfast choices were the kale-and-egg pastry or a baked blueberry brioche, so I had to go with the latter, new-to-me item. It make me think more of a baked pancake, with the topping a vanilla cream sauce instead of syrup. The sausage on the side and the biscuit balanced out the sweetness. I'd order it again... but not over the French toast souffl.

The service was great and a little more precise than usual, in that I noticed the FA turning my glass just after placing it to ensure the United logo faced me.

They brought out chocolate-chip cookies, served on napkins instead of plates, maybe 45 minutes before landing. And then I had a good two hours to relax at the Star Alliance lounge and then the United Club before my next flight. I would like to have more work trips start like this!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
LGA-IAH 11 Jan 210 pm departure A319 (12F) seat 2E

Really digging the LGA lounge experience between UC and MLL, both of which are excellent for domestic lounges.

On the flight, choice of Cobb salad or the Thai noodle. Both have been around since forever. PDB was offered. Cobb salad is basic but the chicken portion was healthy and this time I got half a hard boiled egg (sliced into quarters) instead of last months 1/4 of an egg sliced into eighths. (New Year, new egg budget?)

droopydog and narvik like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
MCO-LAX Morning Flight
Choice of Fruit Plate with Oatmeal OR Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Yogurt

took the ham and cheese sandwich with yogurt, came with a small fruit cup and a cinnamon roll. great breakfast
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:38 pm

EWR-MCO
Dinner
Chicken Pad Thai or Cobb Salad
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
IAH-SFO 4:45pm departure yesterday, choice of burger or cheese ravioli
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:53 am

IAH-DCA 16 Jan 715 am departure E175 seat 1A

No PDB. FA showed iPad photos of the two choices. Never seen that before but it was effective. Cold oatmeal with mango or protein plate. Went with the latter. No UC access at Term A since flight departed at 715 am and club doesnt open till 730 am. 🤷.

Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by st530
No PDB. FA showed iPad photos of the two choices. Never seen that before but it was effective. Cold oatmeal with mango or protein plate. Went with the latter. No UC access at Term A since flight departed at 715 am and club doesnt open till 730 am. 🤷.

They should rename that the "constipation plate"
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vaguba
They should rename that the "constipation plate"
Why, it actually looks pretty good - well presented, plenty of food, looks fresh
SAPriorityTag likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.