Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any thing special to expect on flight during NY 2020?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Just checking if there is anything special passengers can expect while flying on NY eve to Melbourne on United airlines?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
All these years I have flown United, the only thing I got on NY flight has been the greeting “Happy New Year!”.

One year I was flying from LAX to MIA in the late 90s on NY day and I sat next to Sarah Ferguson - Duchess of York. She was divorced by then. I sat in three-class 777 F cabin window seat and she sat next to me and her publicist sat across the aisle.

FAs from all three cabins came over and served her at various points during the flight. I was a nobody and just observed the commotion. I am sure services were below average on the rest of the planes because FAs were parked in the F galley most of the time.
JimInOhio and narvik like this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Yes. Economy passengers can expect to be in need of a chiropractic adjustment upon landing in Melbourne.
ekwang, pigzilla, bman1002 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
You can tell people that you skipped New Years Day.
ajGoes, pigzilla and bman1002 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.