Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Welcome Lounge access for UA flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Lufthansa Welcome Lounge access for UA flyers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
Looking at Thursday Jan 6 as a random date, I see 3 flights LHR-FRA that get in before 12:30pm (10:05am/11:05am/12:05pm). The first is a legal connection off UA110. The next two are legal off both UA110 and UA14. All 3 flights are UA codeshares.

The connection between UA110 and the first is 1h10m. I have no idea what MCT is at LHR, but given UA is happy to sell this connection, I presume it's 70 mins or less. (Which would make sense for a T2->T2 connection with no immigration required)
The first flight, LH921, has a scheduled departure time of 0630. UA110 doesn't arrive until 0620.

LH925 is connectable (0830-1115), however. Apologies, as it is not in the schedule for the next few days. Same with LH901, also not in the schedule, but has an arrival time of 1205.

Not sure which flight gets in at 1005. LH921, the very first flight of the day, gets in at 0905.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:43 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by Hartmann
The only thread I could find about arriving as a UA customer was here, so I thought I'd ask my question in a newer post.

I am set to fly EWR-LHR-FRA in J (the non-stop on UA was sold out). I'd like to take a shower if I can on arrival into FRA but the Welcome Lounge information page seems to state that only flights via MUC/GVA on LH metal get access. Is that really the case?
Depending upon how long you have for your connection from LHR to FRA, you could consider entering the UK instead of using the transfer lane and use the United Arrivals lounge at LHR for the shower. You would then head upstairs to clear security.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sb3
Depending upon how long you have for your connection from LHR to FRA, you could consider entering the UK instead of using the transfer lane and use the United Arrivals lounge at LHR for the shower. You would then head upstairs to clear security.
What would be the advantage over the T2 *A lounges which have showers? (Including the UC)
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Not sure which flight gets in at 1005. LH921, the very first flight of the day, gets in at 0905.
UA923.

Looks like I screwed up the example date I gave before (I said Thursday 6 Jan which doesn't exist - I actually meant 6 Feb).

On that day :
UA110 arrives 6:20am
UA14 arrives 6:55am

LH923/UA8812 Departs 7:30am, arrives 10:05am
LH925/UA9232 Departs 8:30am, arrives 11:05am
LH901/UA8810 Departs 9:30am, arrives 12:05pm

Given the OP hasn't stated when they are flying, it's obviously hard to know exactly what the situation will be...
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It is interesting the LH calls out intercontinental to MUC/GVA and then a connector as qualifying -- that might suggest other short connecting flights from an intercontinental might not qualify. Actual experience would be the best way to understand this.
They call it out because on their metal or their group this is what pax will experience. In UAs case it is a 'what will UA pay for'. Many years ago I did that and was allowed in, but I don't recall anymore where I connected and I might have well been UA to ZRH then LH or LX to FRA.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
There's a long thread on the Welcome Lounge in the LH forum with plenty of discussion on access rules and exceptions.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tods27
There's a long thread on the Welcome Lounge in the LH forum with plenty of discussion on access rules and exceptions.
Did a search of that thread when the OP posted and found nothing addressing this specific issue (at least in the last 5 years of posts). The issue is, does an intercontinental UA business class USA-European City-FRA qualify, if not one of the specificial listed exceptions?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
United has a special agreement with Lufthansa to allow arriving Polaris and Global Services passengers to access the Welcome Lounge at FRA. I’ve accessed the Welcome Lounge several times after arriving at FRA from a United Polaris flight.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann
United has a special agreement with Lufthansa to allow arriving Polaris and Global Services passengers to access the Welcome Lounge at FRA. I’ve accessed the Welcome Lounge several times after arriving at FRA from a United Polaris flight.
Arriving Polaris at FRA has never been an issue in this thread and is well accepted.

Looking for someone to speak to the issue as the OP stated and that has been re-stated in the thread, does transcontinental UA flyer that first connected in another European city and then FRA have Welcome Lounge access?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Did a search of that thread when the OP posted and found nothing addressing this specific issue (at least in the last 5 years of posts). The issue is, does an intercontinental UA business class USA-European City-FRA qualify, if not one of the specificial listed exceptions?
In general terms, the answer is: No, intercontinental UA USA-European City-FRA, does not qualify. They list the specific exceptions to this rule on the website.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by tods27
In general terms, the answer is: No, intercontinental UA USA-European City-FRA, does not qualify. They list the specific exceptions to this rule on the website.
Specific experience on this? That feedback would be most helpful.

Any specific reports in the other thread?

The phrasing on the website has been noted previously but the question is what happens in practice.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 30, 2019 at 3:47 pm
Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:34 pm

Will UA flight ORD-FRA in Business arriving 09:35 qualify for *A Gold?

The upthread links have since been deactivated. The new language seems to only reference Lufthansa. I accessed the lounge in ~2019 as 1K arriving on redeye from USA with no onward flight out of FRA. What are the chances of that working in Feb-2023? We’ll proceed on TK about 12 hours later in Business so will have that BP if needed. We’re *A Gold.

Current language: In addition, First Class passengers and HON Circle Members arriving on any Lufthansa flight, and Business Class passengers, Senators and Frequent Travellers arriving on a Lufthansa intercontinental flight may use the Welcome Lounge in Frankfurt.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:03 pm
hch

If you arrive on UA Metal you need to be either in Polaris or have GS status.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by hch
If you arrive on UA Metal you need to be either in Polaris or have GS status.
Is Polaris still sufficient to gain access? Lufthansa's website currently states: "Access only for: Lufthansa First Class and Business Class passengers as well as Lufthansa status customers arriving on an intercontinental Lufthansa flight (LH 401 - LH 799); HON Circle member arriving on a flight operated by Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian; United Airlines Global Services Card members arriving on a flight operated by United; First Class passengers arriving on a flight operated by Air China." But, there is no mention of United Polaris.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DoneNunyez
Is Polaris still sufficient to gain access? Lufthansa's website currently states: "Access only for: Lufthansa First Class and Business Class passengers as well as Lufthansa status customers arriving on an intercontinental Lufthansa flight (LH 401 - LH 799); HON Circle member arriving on a flight operated by Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian; United Airlines Global Services Card members arriving on a flight operated by United; First Class passengers arriving on a flight operated by Air China." But, there is no mention of United Polaris.
We've had reports last year of UA J pax accessing despite omission in language.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.