Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access at EWR With Chase One-Time Pass

Old Dec 24, 19, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

I have heard that the UA lounges at EWR, or at least those in Terminal C, may deny access to one-time pass holders. Is that true these days? If so, does that happen pretty much always, or only when the lounges are most busy? (We would arrive around 3pm on a weekday)

I have a long layover, so it would be worthwhile for us to go to Terminal A, if necessary. Does that UA lounge also deny access to one-time pass holders?

Is the Terminal A lounge nicer than the Terminal C lounge anyway?
Old Dec 24, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: CO gold
They reserve the right to do so but I don't think it really happens any more. It never happened at A, and that lounge is (small but) generally considered the nicest one.
Old Dec 24, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Terminal A Club is nicer because it is newer and usually not so packed. On Saturday I was in C (the club on the second floor with the elevator) and there was a standee put outside saying they could not accept one-day passes at that time. When I went inside it took me a good five minutes of hovering to snag a seat.
Old Dec 24, 19, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Sounds like we might be better off going to the Terminal A Lounge with our one-time passes, even though we are flying into and out of Terminal C. We have a 5 hour layover at EWR, so the time to get to and from Terminal A should not be a huge consideration. Having said that, how long does it take to get from Terminal C to Terminal A, using the air-side shuttle?

Last edited by Chamor; Dec 24, 19 at 2:48 pm
Old Dec 24, 19, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by Chamor View Post
Thanks. Sounds like we might be better off going to the Terminal A Lounge with our one-time passes, even though we are flying into and out of Terminal C. We have a 5 hour layover at EWR, so the time to get to and from Terminal A should not be a huge consideration. Having said that, how long does it take to get from Terminal C to Terminal A, using the air-side shuttle?

15 minuntes
Old Dec 24, 19, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I'm going to chime in on this as well. We (family of 4) are planning a trip EWR-MCO in mid-August. We get 4 one-time passes (wife and I both have a CC). We were thinking about buying 4 more one-time passes but obviously we will use our current 4 first.

I'm wondering if the lounges in EWR are even worth using the one time passes at compared to MCO. We loved the old C-3 because of the tarmac view, something that the C-1 club lacks, and I think the kids would enjoy the view as well. I know there are a few Pop-up clubs but don't know much about them and whether they would be even worth the $200.00 (I'm valuing then at $200.00 since we will probably use the club in MCO regardless of our decision as to whether to use the EWR club or not). We don't fly often and won't have any other use for our passes before they expire.
Old Dec 24, 19, 10:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by phkc070408 View Post
... I'm wondering if the lounges in EWR are even worth using the one time passes at compared to MCO. ....
Suggest read thre discussion this in Best United Club at EWR? -- but short summary, the Terminal C UC situation in EWR is dismal and easily the worst of the UA Hubs -- somewhere between overcrowded to severely overcrowded. for $200 you could a much nicer experience elsewhere (public restaurants) in EWR. And although less convenient, Terminal A UC is a better experience, as the above thread discusses.
Old Dec 25, 19, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Suggest read thre discussion this in Best United Club at EWR? -- but short summary, the Terminal C UC situation in EWR is dismal and easily the worst of the UA Hubs -- somewhere between overcrowded to severely overcrowded. for $200 you could a much nicer experience elsewhere (public restaurants) in EWR. And although less convenient, Terminal A UC is a better experience, as the above thread discusses.
That was all I needed to hear. Thanks
Old Dec 25, 19, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP
Not to mention the classified restaurant is quite nice and a nice departure from the hustle and bustle of the terminal.
Old Jan 18, 20, 10:24 am

Hi everyone,

My parents have a 3 hour (potentially longer if there are weather delays) out of EWR this afternoon starting at around 2:20PM. They land in C and depart from C.
Walking to another terminal won't be very easy for them.

Based on what all of you experts have seen in the recent past, will the main United Club in C be too busy today (Saturday) to accept one-time passes around that time?

I know they can just *try* but I don't necessarily want to suggest it if its unlikely to be successful.

Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 20, 11:45 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rihc55 View Post
My parents have a 3 hour (potentially longer if there are weather delays) out of EWR this afternoon starting at around 2:20PM. They land in C and depart from C.
Walking to another terminal won't be very easy for them. ...
Chase UC pass access for afternoons in EWR the odds are not great and if there are irrops, that will not help,
Old Jan 18, 20, 11:54 am

Chase UC pass access for afternoons in EWR the odds are not great and if there are irrops, that will not help,

Sincerely appreciate your response!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: