Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Didn't see a separate thread (apologies if I missed it), but UA sent me a survey about the 2020 1K kit ... and a lot of the questions seemed geared toward eliminating the kits altogether in the near future in favor of digital cards.

Why UA would nickel and dime people spending $18k+ on their airfare (yes, I'm ignoring the fact that people can obtain 1K for less via partner earnings) to save on the costs of a kit, or on the card in the kit, is IMHO silly, but I've worked enough with corporate penny pinchers to know that they do look to save on the silliest things (for example, our business area recently made us jump through hoops to justify paying for parking for our employees, a cost which was a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the EBIT on the contract... but they wanted to cut it anyway despite the fact it would have cost far more to replace even 1 person who quit over it).

The survey asked what I liked most and least about the kit, how long I spent reviewing the materials in it, whether or not I did anything with it, and then a lot of questions about how I use a membership card and when or where I have ever used the physical card. I did make sure to put in the "Other" section comments about being disappointed that my MM companion did not receive a card as it seemed cheap...
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy, am1108 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by exerda
Didn't see a separate thread (apologies if I missed it), but UA sent me a survey about the 2020 1K kit ... and a lot of the questions seemed geared toward eliminating the kits altogether in the near future in favor of digital cards.

Why UA would nickel and dime people spending $18k+ on their airfare (yes, I'm ignoring the fact that people can obtain 1K for less via partner earnings) to save on the costs of a kit, or on the card in the kit, is IMHO silly, but I've worked enough with corporate penny pinchers to know that they do look to save on the silliest things (for example, our business area recently made us jump through hoops to justify paying for parking for our employees, a cost which was a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the EBIT on the contract... but they wanted to cut it anyway despite the fact it would have cost far more to replace even 1 person who quit over it).

The survey asked what I liked most and least about the kit, how long I spent reviewing the materials in it, whether or not I did anything with it, and then a lot of questions about how I use a membership card and when or where I have ever used the physical card. I did make sure to put in the "Other" section comments about being disappointed that my MM companion did not receive a card as it seemed cheap...
yup. No companion card but, then again, almost everything about UA seems third rate and cheap these days
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA GS/1Mil Flyer, Pond scum on everything else.
Ironically I never got a kit with the blue handle wrap but a funky looking globe thing arrived today from UAL. Amused the wife and son to no end. Looks like this https://www.movaglobes.com/earth-clouds/
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
you can call and request a companion card -- probably will take 4-6 weeks.
Such a throwback in an era when Amazon is capable of delivering orders in 1 hour.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Has anyone not got their kit yet?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by expressboy
Has anyone not got their kit yet?
yup...told was shipped 1/6... called 2/7 was told to wait 6 weeks so was told to call back then...called 2/21 for new kit....not here yet.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:33 pm

I too saw that my package has been shipped, but nothing has come yet. The website doesnt even tell me that its been shipped anymore.

whats the number I should call? Halo117
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by carzaddict

whats the number I should call?
call the mileageplus service center 1800-421-4655
Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:02 am

just called, turns out they mailed mine out and was delivered back in Dec, but to my old address that i havent lived at in over a year. they're sending me a new one.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 8:26 pm

Never received my 1k kit and was reordered in late February only to be told in March all kit orders suspended on February 25th. Just wanted the blue handle and drink chits...any suggestions? Paint yellow handle blue....draw globe on southwest drink chits???? Doubt we see a kit in 2021 but I was entitled to one in 2020.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
I just missed requalifying for 1K this year but my husband made it across the line. He hasn’t received a 1K kit, I haven’t received Plat. We moved from Manila to London in January so it’s possible they were sent to Manila (although in past years we usually received ours sometime in the summer, most likely a function of the stupendously incompetent PHLPost).

Anyhow, in reading through this thread I noticed that some of you have referenced checking the status of your kit shipment online. I’ve just been all over the site and can’t find anything. Where can you do this? I’m not going to bother calling over something so trivial right now (plus it sounds like shipment is suspended at the moment) but I am curious as to whether anything was ever sent. If there’s a way to check online that would be great.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 11:27 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Marno
... I noticed that some of you have referenced checking the status of your kit shipment online. I’ve just been all over the site and can’t find anything. Where can you do this? ....
It was on the first "page" of https://mystatus.united.com/ but it is long gone (at the end of February?). Next to where it now mentions the "digital membership card".
Marno likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
I got my GS Kit finally in March. They had to send 3 times since the first 2 "got lost" via USPS. I finally had GS request Fedex shipment for 3rd one and got it. Then I crossed 3MM after receiving it and MyStatus showed again "GS Materials are being processed..." Assumed due to crossing 3MM. Then this past week, the message changed to "we are no longer shipping GS kits given the current situation..." Totally understandable.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I wonder what, if any, kits there will be next year (maybe just stickers as CO or UA did some years back.)
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
In the documentation for the wireless charger, it tells you to go to the "my status" link for an adapter for older phones. All I could find was a list of current phones that work with the adapter. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for older phones (e.g Motorola)? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.