Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Many of us consider it best practices to carry the physical card, because LH and LX agents do not always follow the rules.
Like the discussion on mobile BPs vs paper, those defensive travel best practices do provide peace of mind, but the situation for digital card access has appeared to dramatically improved and probably will not be an issue for the vast majority of travelers. And yes I travel with cards and backup BPs.
seanp7 and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by lancelot21
Mine arrived today. The instructions for the wireless charger said you can get an adapter for pre-iPhone 8 models at mystatus.united.com. (Mrs Lancelot has an iPhone 7). Takes me to a login page... which leads to a "This page is not working" error!

Didn't see that reported and maybe it will be fixed in a few hours...or days...or something. If I remember to check :-)
Yes, the same thing is happening to us...both 1K and iPhone 6 users. Hope they fix this...the charger looks neat
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
I received mine today by DHL instead of the usual postservice.
(for the last time 1K)
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Smile

Originally Posted by mmack
Yes, the same thing is happening to us...both 1K and iPhone 6 users. Hope they fix this...the charger looks neat
Just received an email from 1K Voice. The adapters will be available mid February.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K; Marriott Au; Hyatt Dsc
Got my 1K/MM kit today

Very similar to DELee's except the box is slightly taller and had my 1MM desktop memento as well as all the other things in the 1K kit (5 drink chits, bag handle, wireless charger, bag tags).

However, no card for my companion :-( This could be because she was added late in the year after I crossed MM. Not giving up yet on a kit for her.

Last edited by aerokitty; Jan 17, 2020 at 5:54 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Got my Gold luggage tag today in Canada...'kind of' digging the new arrows and faux metal/plastic design. Makes it look better somehow in my opinion.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:00 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aerokitty
Very similar to DELee's except the box is slightly taller and had my 1MM desktop memento as well as all the other things in the 1K kit (5 drink chits, bag handle, wireless charger, bag tags).

However, no card for my companion :-( This could be because she was added late in the year after I crossed MM. Not giving up yet on a kit for her.
Mine came today, and like yours, did not have my wife's card. She's been my MM companion for 3 years now.

We'll request a handle wrap sometime in February I guess.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
As a reference point for the rest of us Johnny Foreigners, my UK 1K kit arrived yesterday. Anybody want a wireless charger? I am not a Greta Thunderpants about the environment but I like to think I try to do a bit, but what on earth was someone thinking sending this charger out to people willy nilly that are most likely not to have a wireless chargable phone. Such a waste as was the rest of the packaging. I get branding and all that but minimalist would have been better. Thewn I could have complained about that! ....but the charger was such a waste of plastic and effort.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mmack
Just received an email from 1K Voice. The adapters will be available mid February.
I asked for the adapter a couple of weeks ago, even before getting my 1K kit. It arrived within a day or so of the kit.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 18, 2020 at 8:41 pm
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: United
1K kit came in via U.S. mail today. More drink chits, more bag tags, the charger, and luggage handle tag. Also a "personal" letter from Oscar since I'm a first-time 1K'er.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Got my 1K kit about a week ago. Contained what is stated in the wiki. Interestingly, I did not receive my companion's card (for my wife) as a 1MM. In previous years I got her companion card with my kit. Are they not providing companion cards anymore?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: United Platinum
My Platinum kit arrived yesterday (SF Bay Area). It did include 5 drink coupons, which appeared to be a standard part of the package, so I updated the wiki accordingly.

bob
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Got my 1K kit about a week ago. Contained what is stated in the wiki. Interestingly, I did not receive my companion's card (for my wife) as a 1MM. In previous years I got her companion card with my kit. Are they not providing companion cards anymore?

No -- better read the wiki again ; )
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by chavala
No -- better read the wiki again ; )
Ooopppsss….thanks!
Silver Fox and chavala like this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Got my membership kit today and the companion card situation is fairly clearly stated

However this is an interesting post in the Million Miler companion benefit thread about this topic

Originally Posted by MrMillion
I picked up my credentials for this year and, as was the case last year, my wife's card was not sent. So, as was the case last year, I called and inquired. I was reminded that they no longer send cards to companions even if the status itself would ordinarily merit a card. That said, a card will still be issued if requested. However, such a request can only be made on or after February 14th...and the card may take four to six weeks to arrive. This phone call cost them money. The next phone call will cost them money. And so will the card they then send. I understand that having only one membership kit is easier from a fulfillment perspective. But why not just send an email to the prospective companion and ask if they want a card and, if so, you can "click here"... B

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 18, 2020 at 9:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.