Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Flying Blue Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriot Plat (TWA / NWA - million miler)
Originally Posted by TBD
I thought they expired?! I've been throwing them out in Jan the following year!
they are widely accepted after expiration...
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Are MM companion 1K's also receiving the kit, or will I need to request a second blue handle wrap separately for Mrs tarheelnj?
Companions do not receive a separate kit.
Additional wraps can not be requested until February -- Robin’s Egg Blue UA handle wraps - No more yellow handle wraps?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
New city each year.

Last year was Houston.

The full set ‘til now. Looking forward to adding Denver!
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:15 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Not that I’d expect you to photograph it with your personal info, but is there no more physical membership card for any tier?

Might as as well just cut it across the board, now.
Just status matched to DL. They would not accept a screen shot of my account home page showing 1K and Milion Miler status, but required me to send a photo of my 1K "credential card" before processing the match. So, in some cases a physical card can still be useful.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 10:14 am

Received my 1K kit today. Pleasantly surprised to see they decided to mix things up this year and replace the coasters with the wireless charger; although both are basically useless to me. Also noticed that only 1 book of 5 drink coupons were provided, rather than the typical 3. Again, not a big deal, as I still have mine 2019 and likely earlier ones around here somewhere.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
FYI about the wireless charger: It plugs into an outlet via a micro-USB connection, not USB-C like any new non-Apple smartphone. Which is irrelevant in my case, since my phone doesn’t include wireless charging.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I received my 1K welcome kit today as well. I like the wireless charger and now have it plugged into a wall outlet using an adapter. No coasters but I have 12 of them already so won't miss them.

As with recent years, there's an excessive amount of packaging, which many people just throw into the garbage and don't recycle. No need to pad the package with polystyrene, in my opinion.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Re qualified for Plat in August, qualified for 1K in December after many years absence.

I received a Plat kit today
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Re qualified for Plat in August, qualified for 1K in December after many years absence.

I received a Plat kit today
Which was probably shipped before you made 1K.
You get the 1K in next few weeks - no lost.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1K
Received my 1K kit today. Already gave away the crappy charger... Would've preferred more drink tickets to give to soldiers.
dkmatter likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Got my 1K kit today, I actually liked the charger. Now let's see what AA and DL send me.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:48 am

Wow those kits looks so cool! I’m curious though why the stickied post at top says Silver and Gold haven’t received physical cards in years. I got a physical card for hitting Silver for the first time last year and the website let me request a physical Gold card for this year. Is that post referring to something different?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: United Global Services
No GS kit yet (in Chicago). Kind of looking forward to the charger it keep on my desk at work.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by NJDevils26
Wow those kits looks so cool! I’m curious though why the stickied post at top says Silver and Gold haven’t received physical cards in years. I got a physical card for hitting Silver for the first time last year and the website let me request a physical Gold card for this year. Is that post referring to something different?
Gold and Silver can request bag tags but as far as I am aware no annual physical membership cards.
I dropped back to Gold last year and did not receive an offer to get a Gold card. Did receive the Plat card once I hit 75K PQMs this year.

Was the card the same size / shape as a conventional credit card with your name, membership number and a magnetic strip on the back?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 4, 2020 at 12:16 pm
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Gold and Silver can request bag tags but as far as I am aware no annual physical membership cards.
I dropped back to Gold last year and did not receive an offer to get a Gold card. Did receive the Plat card once I hit 75K PQMs this year.

Was the card the same size / shape as a conventional credit card with your name, membership number and a magnetic strip on the back?
Ah no it did not have those things and was a bit smaller than a credit card, so I see the difference. From the front in the photos above they looked similar with the hole at the top.

I take it the membership cards are then essentially a physical version of the digital one you get in the app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.