Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robins Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Wangta
Got my kit today...and they sent me the Premier Platinum one instead...??? Anyone else have this goof up?
You could get both. When did you make Plat and 1K respectively? I made Plat in Nov 1K and Dec; I got my Plat Kit a few weeks ago and expecting 1K kit soon.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Only one luggage strap for me. Oh well.....
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FreFly
Finally got my 1K kit. Content as described in wiki. Two luggage tags, no straps. Is this Photos on this forum do not show any straps, so I guess this is normal. Money saving measure?
I got the straps but don't use them. I use a cable tie instead, especially for checked bags, as it is more secure. Got that idea in the DL forum years ago.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I got an unpleasant surprise:

Two days ago I received the mail after work. On the way from mail box to my door I felt something wrong since the packet seems light as I knew the wireless charger should be in the package, I ended up getting a platinum kits. I re-qualified 2020 1K on 12/31 the very last day, which may be the blame. I will email 1K Voice and see what happens next.

Anyone the same?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tomwhom
I got an unpleasant surprise:

Two days ago I received the mail after work. On the way from mail box to my door I felt something wrong since the packet seems light as I knew the wireless charger should be in the package, I ended up getting a platinum kits. I re-qualified 2020 1K on 12/31 the very last day, which may be the blame. I will email 1K Voice and see what happens next.

Anyone the same?
You will still get the 1K kit

I qualifies on Dec 10, got a Plat kit 3 weeks ago and 1K this week

patience grasshopper
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by malgudi
I got two straps for the luggage tags in the 1K kit
So my package is missing the straps. No big deal, but a bit schizophrenic: first they put a lot of effort making nice looking kits, and then they forget to add the straps.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3 MM
I am currently on an extended business trip in Japan since the beginning of the year. Mrs. ErgoTraveler told me I had a package from United delivered early this week. My wife is rather unimpressed with my "mileage gossip" so she didn't describe the package to me. I look forward to opening my package. I currently use an iPhone 5S, I guess maybe this will get me to upgrade my phone... :-).
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:25 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
I just realized that I still did not get my 1k kit yet. I requalified back in August but did nothing t use the actual card so I did not realize that I am not having one until 2019's expiration date which is today. I live in Manhattan so it is rather strange... I am flying international today for two weeks so hopefully I get my packet before my next trip at the end of February.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Atuchan
I just realized that I still did not get my 1k kit yet. I requalified back in August but did nothing t use the actual card so I did not realize that I am not having one until 2019's expiration date which is today. I live in Manhattan so it is rather strange... I am flying international today for two weeks so hopefully, I get my packet before my next trip at the end of February.
The digital card (UA app) will switch over on 1 Feb and will meet all your needs for a card (except removing ice from a car's window )
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The digital card (UA app) will switch over on 1 Feb and will meet all your needs for a card (except removing ice from a car's window )
And keeping the lights on in hotel rooms requiring the insertion of a key card (or equivalent).

i always receive my kit at the end of January. It finally arrived the other day. The blue handle wrap clashes with my purple rollaboard, but I guess thats a first world problem.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
And keeping the lights on in hotel rooms requiring the insertion of a key card (or equivalent). .
yeap, done that
SS255 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Just got my Silver "Membership Materials" kit in the mail today and I honestly thought they should have at least printed some benefits out or a thank you on the left side of the card. The tag does looks nicer than previous years. I miss the days when you could receive a Premier Card, it wasn't really useful if you knew your number, but it was a nice touch that made earning the status just a bit special.

Front of Kit

Interior Contents

Back of Kit
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by am1108
Just got my Silver "Membership Materials" kit in the mail today and I honestly thought they should have at least printed some benefits out or a thank you on the left side of the card. ...
Is this what you got in response to requesting the bag tags? Some not really a membership kit, but a Silver bag tag mailing (your only membership item) -- so the contents seems to match what was advertised. Maybe a lost opportunity, but what was advertised.
am1108 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Anyone's digital card in the mobile app updated?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:55 pm

Yes, 01/2021
naumank likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.