Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Interesting Routing -- A320 purchased for parts?

Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6

Looking at flight aware for CLE saw UA 2707 A320 going CLE-GYR Goodyear Arizona which is.a aircraft graveyard. Inbound flight came Wednesday UA 2715 KFE-CLE from Iceland. Inbound flight 2 hour sit UA 2714 OSR-KFE from a city in Czech Republic. Any idea is this aircraft being retired.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:43 am

My understanding is that plane was purchased strictly for parts.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
My understanding is that plane was purchased strictly for parts.
Appears to be correct. Purchased from Vueling who has had it in storage in Ostrava, CZ for the past few months. https://aibfamily.flights/A320/1749

Looks like they had originally planned to take it to Tupelo (TUP) and actually had a flight scheduled to there a few days ago, but then changed to fly it to Phoenix Goodyear instead.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by docbert
Appears to be correct. Purchased from Vueling who has had it in storage in Ostrava, CZ for the past few months. https://aibfamily.flights/A320/1749

Looks like they had originally planned to take it to Tupelo (TUP) and actually had a flight scheduled to there a few days ago, but then changed to fly it to Phoenix Goodyear instead.

So it will be taken apart in Goodyear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.