Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will EWR-DEL go to "real" polaris?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
When will EWR-DEL go to "real" polaris?

EWR-DEL is still flying the old Continental config. As such, I always try to get to India via EWR-BOM. Any idea of when EWR-DEL will get the new config? I swear Polaris will be replaced with the next best thing before this rollout is complete.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
9 planes to go (+ three in mod right now).

I'd say by July 2020 [or September at the latest], there won't be any of those 77Y, seat 8E, big toilets, and 3-3-3 in Y left .
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire Elite + Kimpton Inner Circle, AA Gold
You may get lucky, I had new Polaris 772E DEL-EWR in November. Outbound was the old seats, however. You never know, with HKG going legacy cabin, they may choose to add refurb jets to a route that previously wasn’t equipped.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I’d like the old United config. Would love to ride to India in global first seat 1K.

It has been a while since I’ve done the route in 8E of the continental config. Last time 8D dumped his wine all over me off the shared cocktail table he was hogging.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I’d like the old United config. Would love to ride to India in global first seat 1K.
Unlikely to have pmUA 772, given that there are only 5 in old config left flying. Although those who are flying to DEL today are currently scheduled to fly a brand new 77W.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:09 pm

Just flew this route last night in Polaris. Continental seat map when I booked it last week. They switched it out 3 days before. I read somewhere that United will display the continental seat map by default and will show the real seat map a few days before departure.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm flying this in a few weeks, and have noticed that it's getting the new cabins swapped in a few days before departure maybe one-third of the time. I have 8L on the pmCO bird, so quite happy to stick with that - don't want to be polarised into anything other than row 1 or 9, so will be watching it closely as my departure approaches.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:39 pm

Looks like the flight leaving from Newark today got a swap to a 777-300. Was showing premium plus cabin completely empty.

I’m flying this route next Sunday. Hoping it gets swapped to a Polaris bird. Paid $.12 (twelve cents) for an upgrade so cant complain either way. Last month when I flew twice it was swapped both times for a Polaris plane.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
looking at 100% new config so far and coming up in 2020. I'm two weeks out and will be checking every day to try and ensure I stay in a bulkhead!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by cricketer
I have 8L on the pmCO bird, so quite happy to stick with that ....
looking at 100% new config so far and coming up in 2020. I'm two weeks out and will be checking every day to try and ensure I stay in a bulkhead!
Did they auto-assign a bulkhead, or did you have to change to it yourself?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Flew DEL-EWR on 12/26 and it was swapped to Polaris at T-24
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS
Every DEL flight this week except Friday’s will be on a reconfigured bird. I’m flying next Sunday and no plane has been assigned yet.

Originally Posted by narvik
Did they auto-assign a bulkhead, or did you have to change to it yourself?
Last time when I could tell by where is this aircraft coming from that it was likely to be Polaris I proactively switched from 8D to 9A and they left my seat assignment. Honestly it’s a bit frustrating to try predict and gamble which seat to pick.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Unlikely to have pmUA 772, given that there are only 5 in old config left flying. Although those who are flying to DEL today are currently scheduled to fly a brand new 77W.
I believe the pmUA 772 are all flying to NRT and HKG from ORD.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
I believe the pmUA 772 are all flying to NRT and HKG from ORD.
If only! Flew ORD-NRT last week and it was pmUA 772 map until T-16. First was sad about not having true Polaris, but then happy to snag 3 GF seats at check-in T-24, then sad again when it went to true Polaris and I had to once again reconfigure our family of five's seats...what a joke. PS, the pmUA 772 apparently came from PEK.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Keep in mind that out of 55 ( if I counted correctly ) International 772, only 12 of them remain without Polaris, 4 with the sU GF seats, and 8 sCO versions. Even with many of he routes being dedicated Polaris routes (becasue they sell PE), the number of non-polaris planes to go around the non-dedicated routes is dwindling fast.

Also, it appears that with the addition of the 4 77Ws that are in the process of being delivered, they are taking 4 sUA 772s and converting it to the dreaded domestic version, so those 3 planes will be dropped from the international fleet as well (1 is already in MOD).

All this said, I think the July estimate mentioned above for all 772s being in Polaris layout is quite feasible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.