Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United adding SFO-DUB (Dublin, Ireland) (No longer on the schedule)

Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United to Connect Two Global Tech Centers with Direct Flights Between San Francisco and Dublin
Airline becomes only U.S. carrier to offer customers nonstop service to Ireland from West Coast
Photos(2)

CHICAGO, Dec. 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Traveling between the Silicon Valley and Dublin, Ireland – two of the world's leading centers of technology and innovation – will soon get a lot easier. Today United Airlines announced that it will launch new daily nonstop service from its hub at San Francisco International Airport to the Irish capital beginning June 5, 2020. United will be the only U.S. airline to offer daily flights direct to Dublin from the West Coast.

"Dublin and the Silicon Valley are two regions synonymous with big tech," said Patrick Quayle, United's Vice President of International Network. "Many global tech companies have a major footprint in both regions, and they need a carrier with an extensive worldwide network to help conveniently connect their business. As the only U.S. airline to serve Ireland from the West Coast, United is uniquely suited to provide the connectivity these companies and economies need to continue thriving."

United will operate its new San Francisco-Dublin daily nonstop flights with the fuel-efficient Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. With the launch of this new service, United will have more daily business class seats between Dublin and the U.S. this summer than any other domestic airline.

United in Ireland

United has proudly served Ireland for more than two decades. With the addition of San Francisco, the airline will offer customers direct flights to Dublin from four of its hubs, including Chicago O'Hare, Washington Dulles and Newark / New York. United provides seasonal service to Shannon, Ireland from Newark / New York as well.
Print Wikipost

United adding SFO-DUB (Dublin, Ireland) (No longer on the schedule)

Old Dec 20, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
This is an excellent addition of a route. I don't like Air Lingus so I have been flying BA to LHR and then flying to DUB.
This. I think our travel team quietly mocks me for occasionally flying DUB-MUC-SFO on LH (or to be fair, the return SFO-FRA-DUB so I can get some sleep).
ContinentalFan and jasonp622 like this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mozilla
Very nice, will be flying this segment with PHX as O/D and be able to catch some more sleep iso my usual PHX-SFO-EWR-DUB. And before you ask, that's because I refuse to fly the >4 hours PHX-EWR nonstop on a 737, and ORD only has seasonal service with DUB.
To each their own, but I feel like this is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 2:47 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Do we know if this has been canceled?

Originally Posted by jcg20
This. I think our travel team quietly mocks me for occasionally flying DUB-MUC-SFO on LH (or to be fair, the return SFO-FRA-DUB so I can get some sleep).
I get you. I've done SFO-CPH-DUB and SFO-FRA-X just to make sure I get sleep. I try to avoid the West Coast->East Coast-DUB flights as it's basically a recipe for zero sleep; flights are too short.. especially after a red-eye from Hawaii.
cesco.g and SPN Lifer like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 7, 2020 at 3:11 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 7, 2020, 3:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
Do we know if this has been canceled? ...
It bookable for December flights -- Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat -- on united.com
wrong carrier

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 7, 2020 at 10:42 pm Reason: update
Old Nov 7, 2020, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jcg20
I once flew SPN-NRT-JFK-SFO for the same reason. Sleep is important.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:01 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It bookable for December flights -- Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat -- on united.com
Hmm really? I can’t see any non-stop SFO-DUB on the app in Dec - at all
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
Hmm really? I can’t see any non-stop SFO-DUB on the app in Dec - at all
You are right, my error

SFO-DUB is zero'ed out thru March presently (returning 27 March 2021 but I would not put a lot of confidence in that).

Sorry got it confused with the EI flight.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:08 pm

I don't see SFO-DUB nonstop showing up on the schedule next summer anymore when attempting a flight search.. This article (https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...y-16554652.php) contains this passage:

Meanwhile, United Airlines has reportedly canceled plans to launch its own San Francisco-Dublin flights, which had been scheduled to begin March 26. United already flies to Dublin from its Newark hub.

Last edited by raidersfan1; Oct 23, 2021 at 9:13 pm Reason: Added material
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by raidersfan1
... Meanwhile, United Airlines has reportedly canceled plans to launch its own San Francisco-Dublin flights, which had been scheduled to begin March 26. United already flies to Dublin from its Newark hub.
It is definitely not on the schedule
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I imagine SFO-DUB was a route more predicated on business demand than anything else. Maybe they reconsider launching in 2023 if business travel comes back, but given it was likely to be a tech-heavy route, and that is the industry most embracing of remote work, I could see it being scotched completely.
SPN Lifer and EWR764 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.