Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

credit for upgraded flight booked in 2019, flown in 2020

Old Dec 16, 19, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something

I've got a flight back home from HNL in January 2020 that we paid to upgrade from Y->J. Currently all views I can find of the reservation show only PQP credit for the original class of service. Does anyone know the process to get those upgrade dollars credited as PQPs? Or, perhaps asked a different way, has anyone already gotten information from United about whether this is known and will be taken care of, or am I trailblazing here? Seems silly to proactively call MP service to ask them this, but then again with United there's no way to know/trust that things will happen without actively prodding them... ;-)
Old Dec 16, 19, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ljwobker View Post
I've got a flight back home from HNL in January 2020 that we paid to upgrade from Y->J. Currently all views I can find of the reservation show only PQP credit for the original class of service. Does anyone know the process to get those upgrade dollars credited as PQPs? Or, perhaps asked a different way, has anyone already gotten information from United about whether this is known and will be taken care of, or am I trailblazing here? Seems silly to proactively call MP service to ask them this, but then again with United there's no way to know/trust that things will happen without actively prodding them... ;-)
It's pretty common for UA reservations to show the info as originally booked. Your total fare will probably post properly but keep an eye out after the flight to be sure.
Old Dec 16, 19, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ljwobker View Post
Seems silly to proactively call MP service to ask them this, but then again with United there's no way to know/trust that things will happen without actively prodding them... ;-)
I hear what you're saying, but prodding them now won't do any good either. They will either post properly or they won't. If they don't, you follow up with MPSC. There's zero point in worrying about it until after you travel.

All of the assurances in the world won't matter if they don't post properly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: