Wiki Posts
Search

Plus Points upgrade tab display issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Plus Points upgrade tab display issues

So I have applied Plus Points for my son's travel and on the app it shows the requested Plus Points upgrade for both flights.

However, on the website I need to go into Plus Points Upgrades tab to see the reservation but it displays the wrong travel dates, i.e. shows the first flight a day earlier than the actual travel date but does show 20 Plus Points have been requested for both flights (outbound and return). If I then click on the actual reservation from the Plus Points Upgrades tab it only shows the upgrade request for the first (outbound) flight and not the second (return) flight.

Anyone else see this weird phenomena?

UA Digital Insider perhaps you could take a look?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
What do you see if you go to the standard reservation page? App and United.com website.
Are the dates correct?
Are both directions waitlisted?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
So I have applied Plus Points for my son's travel and on the app it shows the requested Plus Points upgrade for both flights.

However, on the website I need to go into Plus Points Upgrades tab to see the reservation but it displays the wrong travel dates, i.e. shows the first flight a day earlier than the actual travel date but does show 20 Plus Points have been requested for both flights (outbound and return). If I then click on the actual reservation from the Plus Points Upgrades tab it only shows the upgrade request for the first (outbound) flight and not the second (return) flight.

Resetting your phone to the departure (return) date and checking the upgrade standby list on APP for flight status. If your son’s name appears, you should not worry. All eligible pax should show up.
BTW, there is a related thread about PlusPoints display/clearing errors.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What do you see if you go to the standard reservation page? App and United.com
Are the dates correct?
Are both directions waitlisted?
On the app: "Upgrade - Waitlisted" for both the outbound and return, BUT when I hit the "i" and go to Details it is blank. It reflects the correct travel dates of 12/19 and 1/2.

On the website: as I mentioned I need to access the reservation from the Plus Points upgrades tab and it shows 12/18 for the outbound flight and it is blank for the return. I can see from another reservation that the date for the outbound flight should be reflected. The when I actually go into the reservation the outbound flight on 12/19 shows the flight is "Waitlisted" and when I hit "?" it shows 20 Plus Points have been requested. For the return flight on 1/2 it does not show it is waitlisted or an upgrade has been requested.

Hope that all makes sense of the nonsense I am seeing.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Resetting your phone to the departure (return) date and checking the upgrade standby list on APP for flight status. If your son’s name appears, you should not worry. All eligible pax should show up.
BTW, there is a related thread about PlusPoints display/clearing errors.
I saw that but I thought that was about the display at the airport. I nearly posted there but this appears to be a different issue to me, but perhaps not.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
On the website: as I mentioned I need to access the reservation from the Plus Points upgrades tab ....
Just enter the PNR and last names and you should be able to see the reservation. My Trips and if logged in "Find another trip", however you can do it without being logged in.

Attempting to discover if the website display of the reservation is wrong or if PlusPoints tab is the issue.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Just enter the PNR and last names and you should be able to see the reservation. My Trips and if logged in "Find another trip", however you can do it without being logged in.

Attempting to discover if the website display of the reservation is wrong or if PlusPoints tab is the issue.
Thank you,. I did this and the outbound shows the Waitlist but the return flight shows nothing.

It will not let me attempt to Upgrade Cabin for the return flight even though there is nothing noting a Waitlist for the return flight.

The fare class is "S" for both flights so eligible for the upgrade.

I do not think that calling in is going to help me as it sounds like something UA IT needs to resolve
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:17 pm

Thank you,. I did this and the outbound shows the Waitlist but the return flight shows nothing.
So appears to be across the website vs the app?

Might be worth a call to make sure the ticket is properly scyn'ed. That has caused differences between app and website in the past.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 15, 2019 at 7:26 pm
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

So appears to ge across the website vs the app?

Might be worth a call to make sure the ticket is properly scyn'ed. That has caused differences between app and website in the past.
Thank you WineCountryUA . I called and the CS rep told me he was listed for the upgrade and sent me an e-mail to confirm the details and said she would report it. But, never received the e-mail and the errors are still appearing. I am really hoping she contacted IT support as there is something really wrong.

I asked her to synch the ticket and she said it was not needed....

I am thinking it may be better just to cancel the requests and start over again. I will wait until Monday in case it is just a weekend bug issue.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

It had not resolved itself today. So I canceled the PlusPoints upgrade request. I then reapplied the PlusPoints. The reservation now shows the upgrade waitlist on the web correctly for both flights.

However, the PlusPoints upgrade tab has again put in the wrong outbound date and has no return date for the return flight. So it is the Plus Points upgrade tab that is incorrect.

We will see what happens for the actual flight as the other thread on the visible display of the upgrade list is quite concerning.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

I am wondering if it is just me?

1. The outbound trip my son died at #1 on the upgrade list (Thursday, December 19) but it still shows Plus Points requested for the trip. So I am showing more Plus Points requested that are currently requested. I guess not a huge issue since they are never going to be used for the trip.
2. My son has another reservation on January 6 and I requested Plus Points upgrade for him and again the Plus Points upgrade tab shows it as requested for the day before (January 5). However, they do show the correct dates for my flights where I have requested Plus Points upgrades just not for my son's flights.

There is definitely something glitchy with the Plus Points upgrade tab.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I am wondering if it is just me?
Maybe it is just you. I had no trouble with my recent trip Dec. 4 - Dec. 15 with IAD-FRA and MUC-IAD segments upgrade from A fare, even with Plus Points conversion on day of travel.

My wife's reservation in Feb/Mar with R fare show Plus Points upgrade waitlist properly. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with the problems discussed.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CIT85
Maybe it is just you. I had no trouble with my recent trip Dec. 4 - Dec. 15 with IAD-FRA and MUC-IAD segments upgrade from A fare, even with Plus Points conversion on day of travel.

My wife's reservation in Feb/Mar with R fare show Plus Points upgrade waitlist properly. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with the problems discussed.
Hope it comes through for her as the issues with my son's reservations are getting worse with the Plus Points upgrade requests.

At least before I was able to cancel the request and reapply and it took, albeit with the wrong date. However, in checking today my son's reservation showed on my Plus Points tab as waitlisted (for the wrong date) and on his reservation nothing - no waitlist and not upgrade (even CPU). So I removed the request and his reservation then showed CPU eligible. So reapplied the Plus Points and the reservation still shows CPU eligible. The Plus Points request went into some void. I tried applying the Plus Points three times, all with the same result - confirmed and then nothing and the Plus Points not deducted. A couple of days ago it had shown the Plus Points upgrade request. I was checking today to see how many FC seats remained as was trying to assess the odds of him getting the upgrade as he died at #1 on the upgrade list on the outbound trip.

His other reservation also still shows the request on the Plus Points upgrade tab for the wrong date but the reservation does note the Plus Points upgrade request.

One of my Plus Points upgrade for a future flight went through and I received the e-mail this morning. So Plus Points are working fine for my reservations.

I have come to the conclusion that making Plus Points upgrade requests for others, even with the same last name and address, goes into some black hole oblivion. Very disappointing. I am okay if the upgrades do not come through but for the system to completely not work on upgrades for other people is wrong - just say you cannot use your Plus Points to upgrade other pax. Very frustrated so just going to stop applying Plus Points to his reservations. Venting over. Broken system.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB

I have a similar problem.
XN saver award upgraded with 20 +P (XN->PN), cleared on booking. The agent says it's confirmed on the ticket and sync'ed properly.

But the PlusPoints details page on the Website has TWO lines for the one-way PNR trip: the first line for the day BEFORE the trip, the second line for the proper day. And both say "CONFIRMED" but +Ps "REQUESTED."

I talked to two GS agents and two MP supervisors. They insist the ticket and upgrade are fine, but the display system is wonky and things may or may not get displayed correctly before flight time.

Last edited by wxguy; Dec 26, 2019 at 3:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.