Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fun sight on an ERJ today - exposed damage on armrest

Fun sight on an ERJ today - exposed damage on armrest

Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:33 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by fumje
Is the Embraer EMB-175 not considered an ERJ (Embraer Regional Jet)?

I believe the term 'ERJ' could be any of the Embraer jets (-145, -170, -175).
genericly, yes, specifically, no. The ERJ is a 1-2 config plane (135/145) as opposed to an E70 or E75 (170/175)

kleenex is a generic name for facial tissue, but its also a specific brand.

thecsane can be said about a CRJ, which is specifically, the 200 model vs the CR7, which is the -700 model.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by findark
I had a cocktail tray on an E75 that came out of the seat entirely (locking pin was missing I guess). I thoughtlessly mentioned this to the FA who was serving PDBs and we promptly took a 1h15 mx delay. Oops!
I was once on a TPAC flight where another pax made the same mistake. I remember a lot of annoyed looks his way.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Yes, just report this to an FA and go forward. Stuff like this happens, and unless its an actual safety concern, not a big deal at all. Unless your of the, while this isnt a big deal, wonder if this indicates they arent paying to other safety-related stuff.

thsi brings up two memories. One, some of the threads in the old PMUA forum, where, for example, people were taking UA to task for using the mis-painted nose cone (ie, nose cone from one branding scheme while plane was painted in another). The other is one flight I did have in an E45, where I got to my seat after boarding and realized the tray table wouldnt stay up because that lock was broken. If I was being 100% safety minded, I suppose I wouldve brought it up before take off, but I knew that the proper response was going to be we couldnt fly until it got fixed - as tray tables need to be up for take off. I and probably half the plane would have likely missed connections if maintenance needed to be brought on to fix. So I held it up until after take off, and when the FA came with the service, I let her know to file a report.
I do the same thing: if I know its a no-go and not that critical, I say nothing. Once airborne, I send UA a message on Twitter with the problem, the flight and the ship number. They always come back and ask for the record locator. I guess they want to make sure its not a prank.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fastair
genericly, yes, specifically, no. The ERJ is a 1-2 config plane (135/145) as opposed to an E70 or E75 (170/175)

kleenex is a generic name for facial tissue, but its also a specific brand.

thecsane can be said about a CRJ, which is specifically, the 200 model vs the CR7, which is the -700 model.
Interesting, thanks. So the defining characteristic for ERJ is no F cabin? The CR2 has 2-2 config (sadly! ), in contrast to the E45 with 1-2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.