Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Checking In before T-24, how early before a connecting flight have you gotten a BP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking In before T-24, how early before a connecting flight have you gotten a BP?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k

So I have a convoluted multi-city itinerary this weekend and due to UA IT the pairing of the flights I got my boarding pass for UA534 HNL-LAX on 12/14 just now, T-56.5h which is kinda crazy to me. What is the furthest ahead you've gotten a boarding pass?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by oblisk
So I have a convoluted multi-city itinerary this weekend and due to UA IT the pairing of the flights I got my boarding pass for UA534 HNL-LAX on 12/14 just now, T-56.5h which is kinda crazy to me. What is the furthest ahead you've gotten a boarding pass?
I once did a mileage run to ORD-JNB (via FRA) with only 8 hours on the ground which meant the whole thing was considered a connecting flight. Don’t remember the specifics but must have been nearly 72 hours in advance if the final segment when I checked in.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I had something similar with my island hopper but it was under 48 hours.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
Also the island hopper for me! T-73.6h for the final leg. PEK-NRT-GUM-TKK-PNI-KSA-KWA-MAJ-HNL-SFO-EWR-YYZ. I distinctly remember the agent being shocked at the number of boarding passes the machine was spitting out, hah.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:11 pm

T-48h and I was still SEQ 2. Never had SEQ 1 in recent years on UA, although I commonly get it on OAL.
higher_flyer likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Had a day trip to LAX yesterday. IAD-EWR-LAX at the crack of dawn, with the return originally LAX-BOS-IAD (the latter lie flat the whole way, which is what I prefer in a red eye even if I have to wait an hour in the lounge for a connection the next morning).

On Christmas morning at 6am, I checked in, and .bomb checked me in all the way to BOS, a flight that at that point was ~43 hours away). I have no idea why it wanted to treat it as a IAD-BOS trip with a 12 hour layover in LAX (sure doesn't seem like the way it priced/ticketed).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.