Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Linking my KTN to MileagePlus NonRev Passrider

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Question. As of January 1st I’ll have passrider privileges on United. My question is can I link my KTN somehow when I get a standby BP? Will my mileage plus info and KTN that’s currently in my United app be on an updated app that shows flight loads etc?

My main concern is that I will no longer be able to use my Precheck and Global entry perks when flying standby.

Thank you for any help in this matter.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: 1K 2MM
Yes, your KTN can be entered in your pass travel profile, so you'll have pre-check on the standby BP. The employee sponsoring you can help you with this. Global Entry works fine flying standby.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:06 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by nwff
Yes, your KTN can be entered in your pass travel profile, so you'll have pre-check on the standby BP. The employee sponsoring you can help you with this. Global Entry works fine flying standby.
Agreed-I have friends of mine where she is UA retired and both she and her husband have Global Entry and their KTN's are stored their UA non-rev profiles
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Pawheel
My main concern is that I will no longer be able to use my Precheck and Global entry perks when flying standby.
Small pedantic note: KTN doesn't matter for Global Entry itself. The passport you check in with, and subsequently use at the Global Entry machine, is what matters, when using Global Entry to cross the border.

Case in point: Global Entry was usable even before airlines like LH and LX added KTN fields (they only added KTN fields for Precheck).
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:32 am
Original Poster

So my KTN needs to added in the employeeRES on my profile?

I just read that a Passrider Login can be created by the employee for me. Will that login be used to make changes to my profile? IE., I add my KTN info.

Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Will my mileage plus info and KTN that’s currently in my United app be on an updated app that shows flight loads etc?
This feature is only for employees. There is no way to link a passrider's MP# to their SA tickets. There is a field to add KTN for pass riders.

You can continue to use the United App to check in after adding the PNR manually, change seats (if available and not under gate control), and change flights.

You really should be asking your sponsor these sorts of questions, though.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:16 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I just read that a Passrider Login can be created by the employee for me. Will that login be used to make changes to my profile? IE., I add my KTN info.

Thanks
Yes, when you get your log in there will be a section for "Profile"

You can add your KTN, Passport etc there.

No problems with precheck or global on stand by tickets.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:21 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

Thanks
Bolding mine: Can't answer the second part but yes to the first

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.