Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Robinís Egg Blue UA handle wraps - No more yellow handle wraps?

Robinís Egg Blue UA handle wraps - No more yellow handle wraps?

Old Jan 5, 20, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG Pt
Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8 View Post
... they would rather have someone who is flying those segments in business class (and thus clear the 24k requirement making the flight #'s a null issue).
I understand the idea of making 1K sort of GS-lite. But most of the current population of 1K's would not remain loyal if demoted to Platinum.
Same for me, my PQD is low because I also fly non-UA in both Premium Economy and Business class - simply because the routes and service matter to me.

But UA is making this all very moot, given the crap in December with cancelled flights, delayed flights and non-posting partner flights, misappropriated PlusPoints, 36 hours without luggage, severely damaged Wine-Check, 3rd bag-fee charged (partially refunded, still ongoing), strange CC charges on days I didn't fly them, etc ... Service Recovery so far is well below what it used to be, and in the end that's what also shapes loyalty - how you make up for it makes or breaks a loyalty relationship.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 5, 20 at 11:11 am Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Jan 6, 20, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420 View Post
Every few months someone says that there handle wraps get stolen and always find this in some ways humerus but I guess they actually do sell them on Ebay.
This tickled my funny bone.
Old Jan 7, 20, 8:03 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by FLYMSY View Post
This tickled my funny bone.
I was also going to make a bone pun, but decided to keep at arms length.
Old Jan 7, 20, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jupper View Post
I understand the idea of making 1K sort of GS-lite.
I don't think UA has any plans to do that. But they'd certainly like people to think that these changes will result in a "thinning of the herd" resulting in enhanced 1K benefits. Having been through this process multiple times since PQD were introduced, I can say pretty confidently that's not going to happen.
Originally Posted by jupper View Post
But most of the current population of 1K's would not remain loyal if demoted to Platinum.
Especially not if already spending over $18k.
jupper and Silver Fox like this.
Old Feb 29, 20, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marr. Gold
For United Express frequent flyers, a new 2020 UA 1K light-blue handle-wrap is for sale on eBay at only $159.99.

With free shipping. (!)

No wonder it is such an attractive object for larceny.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 29, 20, 8:03 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA 1K
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
For United Express frequent flyers, a new 2020 UA 1K light-blue handle-wrap is for sale on eBay at only $159.99.

With free shipping. (!)

No wonder it is such an attractive object for larceny.
Under normal circumstances, I’d mention that just because they’re listing it for that price doesn’t mean they sell for that much... but then I looked at ones that have sold, some for more than $160, but most for less. Either way, it seems like someone could quickly unload one for right around $100.
SPN Lifer and Silver Fox like this.
Old Feb 29, 20, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...a new 2020 UA 1K light-blue handle-wrap is for sale on eBay at only $159....
One can score two round-trips in BE IAH-LAS at $79 each in May and still have a buck leftover. Maybe Iíll try to find mine...
Old Feb 29, 20, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Thatís just nuts. Now I wonít even use mine
Old Feb 29, 20, 8:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
For United Express frequent flyers, a new 2020 UA 1K light-blue handle-wrap is for sale on eBay at only $159.99. ....
Going to be some very disappointed folks when they realize the "value" of what the bought.

As P.T. Barnum said, ďThere's a sucker born every minute.Ē

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 1, 20 at 7:55 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 1, 20, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
I understand why UA changed the color, but the blue handle is very difficult to see on my navy Away and Rimowa bags. They should have gone with a higher visibility color.
DJ_Iceman and seanp7 like this.
Old Mar 1, 20, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I was thinking this when taking my first UA flight this year, the yellow was much more distinctive.
Old Mar 1, 20, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I understand why UA changed the color, but the blue handle is very difficult to see on my navy Away and Rimowa bags. They should have gone with a higher visibility color.
I preferred yellow on my bag also - goes better w/ brown...
Old Mar 1, 20, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I preferred yellow on my bag also - goes better w/ brown...
Is that the Tumi Special Edition?
Old Mar 1, 20, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Is that the Tumi Special Edition?
...r the Tummy Special Edition?
Pat89339 and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 1, 20, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
...r the Tummy Special Edition?
Im refusing to go to Costco, Target, Walmart, or Safeway on Maui, with or without the wrap. Stores are stupid busy and I refuse to play. Iíll survive just fine with the supply of stuff I currently have.😜

Joking aside, the wrap rarely worked/works in DEN, sometimes COS. I havenít seen a yellow or blue wrap come up first at all this year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: