Search

Clogged Sunday Riley hand cream in lavs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:52 pm
mr8
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Clogged Sunday Riley hand cream in lavs

Is it just me or does the Sunday Riley hand cream get clogged more often than the cowshed one...?
I couldn't get it to dispense in any of the lavs on my last flight even though the bottle appeared to be full.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have found this to be the case on every flight I have taken this month
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:18 pm

I had the same problem recently. I told a flight attendant and she was about to toss it when I asked if I could take it home instead. After warming it up it worked just fine and has continued to work since then. I think the cream is just too thick and is quick to harden in cooler temperatures. They need to change the bottle to a squeeze bottle or develop a lighter hand cream.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by mr8
Is it just me or does the Sunday Riley hand cream get clogged more often than the cowshed one...?
I couldn't get it to dispense in any of the lavs on my last flight even though the bottle appeared to be full.
Shoot, this actually happened to me too!
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Ditto for me -- on a TPAC last week. FWIW, this issue was mentioned recently in the UA "My trivial gripes" thread.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's a feature. Keeps the replacement cost near zero.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Same thing in Polaris lounge bathrooms. Have to dilute with water and then it works fine.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:56 pm
mr8
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by roxie
Same thing in Polaris lounge bathrooms. Have to dilute with water and then it works fine.
The ones in the lounge seemed ok, so I thought it might have had something to do with the cabin pressure?

As others have mentioned, I think the cream is just too thick and needs to be reformulated since the bottles appear to be relatively full.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
It was designed by the same person that designed the Polaris pepper shaker.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: *
I get more worried about touching those things and the germs likely to be on them - sometimes I try a no-touch technique but often I look at them and say no thanks....
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:57 pm

So funny as I was just thinking this last week but then was like "maybe it is in my head".
Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA GS
I’m upset they don’t sell the facial mist in the United Store. Love that stuff!
big V likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been on dozens of aircraft with these clogged lotion dispensers. Even though the bottle feels 80% full, you can't get it to come out.

I am amazed that 18+ months later, United still has not figured this out.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
I am glad to hear others having this problem, on my last transpac I thought maybe they the lotion was too old and had gummed up the bottle. Ended up using the one in my amenity kit.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
A new formula had been planned for last... March? April? (2020). With everything going on, I believe they stopped boarding some stuff...

Anywho, as of late March 2021 there is a new formula and better pump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.