Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can you rent out the Polaris Lounge for a private event?

Old Dec 4, 19, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond

I've been to a couple of airline events at UA's lounges over the years but was wondering if they ever rent out portions of them to private events?

Years ago, the then-President's Club at IAH was the venue for a great big Continental Do party; it was held in off-hours, so there weren't many people that would have been turned away from that place now (which is now IAH's Polaris Lounge on top.)

I went to the Polaris Cookbook Event they had last year at SFO; they closed down half the lounge and had an open bar and food set-up for their cookbook release party.

Now there's a 5-course dinner paired with scotch being offered at the Polaris Lounge in SFO for 20k miles. Looks like that dinner is for a dozen or so scotch fans here: https://exclusives.mileageplus.com/L...etails/6594227

Beyond UA events, with a venue as large as SFO's or EWRs, would other UA partners or customers be able to rent out a portion for a unique event? Has anyone tried? I can't imagine LAX or IAH would have room to spare, but I'd think EWR and SFO could easily be carved out, especially in between/outside of departure banks.
Old Dec 4, 19, 6:37 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Aloha - A wild guess is no, unless you have some UA affiliation (e.g. marketing event or promotion like TPG would do). It is an interesting question though.
Old Dec 6, 19, 9:52 am

Anything in this world can be achieved for the right price!
Old Dec 6, 19, 10:04 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by Weatherboy View Post
I've been to a couple of airline events at UA's lounges over the years but was wondering if they ever rent out portions of them to private events?

Years ago, the then-President's Club at IAH was the venue for a great big Continental Do party; it was held in off-hours, so there weren't many people that would have been turned away from that place now (which is now IAH's Polaris Lounge on top.)

I went to the Polaris Cookbook Event they had last year at SFO; they closed down half the lounge and had an open bar and food set-up for their cookbook release party.

Now there's a 5-course dinner paired with scotch being offered at the Polaris Lounge in SFO for 20k miles. Looks like that dinner is for a dozen or so scotch fans here: https://exclusives.mileageplus.com/L...etails/6594227

Beyond UA events, with a venue as large as SFO's or EWRs, would other UA partners or customers be able to rent out a portion for a unique event? Has anyone tried? I can't imagine LAX or IAH would have room to spare, but I'd think EWR and SFO could easily be carved out, especially in between/outside of departure banks.
That dinner looks fun.
Weatherboy likes this.
Old Dec 6, 19, 2:10 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I'm in SFO and hit the Polaris lounge regularly - how did you get on the events mailing list?
Old Dec 6, 19, 5:13 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Of all the lounges, SFO would probably the only one that has enough space to partially close.

I think I've only ever sen like two people in the "studio" even at busy times.
Old Dec 7, 19, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
No, no and no.
Old Dec 7, 19, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DMSFCA View Post
I'm in SFO and hit the Polaris lounge regularly - how did you get on the events mailing list?
I bug GS for updates and check-in with Mileageplus from time to time.
Old Dec 8, 19, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
That dinner looks fun.
It does! And I guess they're giving scotch gift bags to those that go.

Search this Thread